Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

by LakaiScorten

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

★ Novice

My sim has the same glitch. She’s a level 3 celebrity but she doesn’t have a Stan. It started happening when she got a great reputation. But she’s a business owner she doesn’t have a job or do much anything. 

Message 21 of 107 (2,913 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

Hope this may be able to help other players but your celeb sim is stealing messages appeared to start for me when I added the this is a celebrity home lot trait back to the celeb mansion of my up and coming famous sim which I had removed earlier because she was not famous enough. When my sim was famous enough, I added this lot trait back to my sims home and immediately started to receive the stealing messages so I removed the lot trait again and had no further issues. I played for a while then added the celeb home trait back and again my sim started receiving the you have been stealing messages so presuming it was a bug, I have removed it again for now until it gets fixed. This may not be the issue for all players but it was for me.

Message 22 of 107 (2,862 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed the messages stop after I selled my sim's drone.  I'm not sure if it's tied to the Stan perk or having a drone. I haven't had the messages due to the celebrity home lot trait.

Message 23 of 107 (2,842 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

while i still believe the celeb house/lot trait has something to do with this issue for me the messages also started for my sim again the minute she got to 5 in the acting career..so I am not certain if it is a single action causing this or a combination..

Message 24 of 107 (2,786 Views)

★★ Apprentice
This happened to my notable newcomer who doesn't have any quirks yet, doesn't have a drone, hasn't set foot on a celebrity lot. He had a good reputation still has the first bit of good rep after the accusation. Never stolen, is not evil (though he is a politician). He was at the park and got the call from a woman he met at his wife's art retail store.
Message 25 of 107 (2,747 Views)

★★ Novice

I too have this issue and it's ruining my Sim's reputation. He has a stan and is a 3-star-celeb. He went to a talent show that was bugged (competition just ended without my Sim having a turn although he did sign up). After going home the messages started. Multiple messages every minute. His reputation was pristine (maxed out) and fell by 50% within an ingame day. I have removed the stan quirk with the potion but it didn't help. He still gets those messages constantly. I have checked his inventory and the household inventory. There is nothing in there that could have been stolen. It's so frustrating and to be honest this is really stopping me from having fun. It's my second character ever and it will be my second character which I can not play anymore due to bugs. 

Message 26 of 107 (2,695 Views)

EA Staff

Hi everyone!

Would anyone be willing to send us your save file? This issue is avoiding us Frown

We will really appreciate it if you could give us a hand. 

Here you can find the instructions:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks a million! 

Message 27 of 107 (2,640 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue. One of my sims (adult, two star celebrity, good reputation) has had the same text, and one of my other sims (in the same save file, young adult, five star celebrity, pristine reputation) has had the same text two times now. Only in this save file have I had this issue.
The first sim I mentioned has a job in acting, and when she goes to her gigs I always make sure to grab some food and put it in her inventory since I'm cheap like that and they're always 'excellent' quality. I guess that could count as stealing, but she doesn't have the kleptomaniac trait.
Although I'm not taking this save very seriously, I don't want my sim's reputation to suffer.
Message 28 of 107 (2,615 Views)

Hero

Hi @JazzieMoo

could you share your save with QA as per instructions of @SimGuruIcarus in the post above yours ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 107 (2,594 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

[link removed by author]

This is my save file. It will be available for 30 days.

I only have one played household. He is a celeb sim who constantly gets texts accusing him of stealing. I have removed the stan quirk with the quirk-b-gone potion.

Message 30 of 107 (2,578 Views)