Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

by Pegasyms

Original Post

★★ Guide

This happened to me too, but I wasn't sure it was a bug or a "feature." Earlier that day my 4-star celebrity had called her PR agent for a positive PR story, and I wondered whether this was just a chance that the PR went wrong. Also, my celeb has a Stan as well. 

Message 11 of 107 (3,651 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This just happened to me too. Several of his friends called to tell him they'd heard he was stealing and didn't want him around any longer.

He's a rising star. No disguise. No stan. Never stole a thing.

Message 12 of 107 (3,599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My character isn't even a celebrity and started getting calls like that! She has done nothing wrong and has not stolen anything but her family is calling her up saying she did.

Message 13 of 107 (3,559 Views)

Hero
It might be connected to the reputation ?

@PsychoMagpie What reputation does your Sim have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 107 (3,545 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m having this issue, too. I have a teen just under the 2 star celebrity level, and her mum is one star. Brother and father have unknown status.

They just had a family get together in their own home for a birthday, one of the visiting cousins has the klepto trait and they all reacted to her so I assume they saw her stealing.

The next day rolls around and every single one of my sims, both unknown and celebrity are getting texts from all of their family members saying “I heard you like to steal, I don’t think I want you in my house anymore” ironically the texts also came from the parents of the sim that actually stole something.

Message 15 of 107 (3,513 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Happened to me too right after I got the stan quirk. It is tanking my reputation. So i had to use qurk b gone potion to remove the stan quirk and now it is no longer happening. 

Message 16 of 107 (3,468 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this same issue. I have a sim that does not even have one star fame. What I noticed was that when a Klepto sim stole something from his restaurant(clutter napkins on the tables) he then got the calls like this each time. After removing the clutter to steal from his restaurant the calls stopped.

Message 17 of 107 (3,437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yup, Had the issue happened today. My sim has a Stan. The only disguise he has is his human form (Alien). Never had him wear the "celebrity disguise".

Message 18 of 107 (3,432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

That happened to me, when my actress had a pristine reputation and was a 3-star celebrity. I got about 6 calls from relatives accusing her for stealing and her reputation dropped. It never appeared again, but it was a bit scary.

Edit: never used disguise or PR agency, She was in the Studio PBP and made out with Thorne Bailey when it occured. 

Message 19 of 107 (3,420 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same happened to me, one celebrity accused of stealing she was not even a B-lister... I think shes a rising star?

Funny enough, two christmas decorations disappeared from my sim's house around the same time... I am thinking my celebrity is getting accused when a theft goes on nearby.

I came to this conclusion because It happened again with another celebrity sim I was playing with just now.

She is being accused of "drinking blood without permission" , this sim is not a vampire BUT saying this, less than 24 hours prior, Vlad broke into her house and took a bite from her.

Maybe this glitch/bug only happens when these situations occur in lots the sims own or reside on?

Message 20 of 107 (3,368 Views)