B-list and higher celebrities constantly react in disgust

by misalignments

Original Post

Re: Global superstars reacts in disgust with everyone.

Hero
@Tessaskrua For me it happens once on changing lot, other than that I can't duplicate but I didn't test excessively.

I passed your save on to QA and let's see how many others are affected.

Could you edit your first post and put exactly which stuff packs you own ? It does sometimes matter if a pack is missing so the info is important.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 117 (3,785 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Oki, i will do it, thanks for help again :-)
Message 12 of 117 (3,772 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Global superstars reacts in disgust with everyone

★★★★ Guide
@Tessaskrua I've seen this...though only with the global superstar level. The wife in my current household is this level and often gets disgusted. Her husband is a level 2 and doesn't get such a reaction.
Message 13 of 117 (3,751 Views)

Champion

I’m getting something like this too, but my sim is at Proper Celebrity level. As soon as he arrived at the lounge, he had two disgust reactions queued up, with just regular fans nearby and maybe some invisible paparazzi. Then I noticed more react in disgust later when he walked upstairs to where there was only a bouncer guarding a door.

This is my first time playing a sim at this level of fame so I don’t know what is supposed to be a normal level of reacting in disgust or even what he’s reacting to?

Message 14 of 117 (3,744 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Tessaskrua My 2 global superstars and 1 proper celebrity level sims do this at everything. to everyone and everything. She even expressed disappointment to my other sim for "Cheating" in university. which she did not. lol very strange. not sure if this is supposed to be this way.
Message 15 of 117 (3,738 Views)

★ Guide
@simvasion Your sims should not get this reaction to friends, other superstars in the same level or sims in the houshold/family members. Now, mine does it to everyone.
Message 16 of 117 (3,719 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is a new quirk with the latest patch. My four-star celebrity reacts in disgust each time she travels to a new location, sometimes twice. It does not matter who she is with, or where she goes. The old thread from last December is where most people are being sent for this issue. 

Message 17 of 117 (3,688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PS4

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur?

Often

What is your current game version number?

1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University

GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic

STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party

FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

Unknown. However, this is a sim that once had the NO TOUCHING quirk which was removed with Quirk-B-Gone. I have noticed this happen after travel and also at parties/club gatherings.

What happens when the bug occurs?

Global Superstar sim repeatedly reacts in disgust most times she crosses paths with another sim. This includes strangers and family.

What do you expect to see?

I expect my sim not to react in disgust when encountering other sims.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, this issue is on console (PS4).

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Yes.

Please describe the patch or change you made.

I believe this began with the latest patch for PS4: 1.20.101.3400

Message 18 of 117 (3,648 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue on the PC, version 1.59.73.1020, ALL EXPANSIONS, GAME, and STUFF PACKS. Modded with "No Censor" on first play-through.

I removed the mod and repaired the game and loaded from an earlier save (I do "Save As" for backup purposes... learned this the hard way in Sims 3). This did not fix anything.

I reinstalled the game and created a brand new sim following the same pattern as my original sim... same thing happened as the sim reached 4-star celebrity status.

None of my sims (original and new) ever had a romantic relationship, no family, no pets. ONE best friend of the same gender. ONE quirk - Emotion Bomb. Maxed about a dozen skills, most powerful sorceress, earns about 6K daily in copyrights and other income. Graduated Foxbury with a degree in Physics. Works as a Laboratory Leader under Scientist Career.

Both sims "React in Disgust" to ANYBODY, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, MULTIPLE TIMES even. This happens with strangers, co-workers, friends - everybody - even animals.

Example 1: A visitor knocks on the door. You do an "Invite In" interaction. As soon as my sim is about 5 build-mode-squares away, the "React in Disgust" gets queued. If you manage to cancel the action and leave the sim to perform a whim, the first action is "React in Disgust" and sometimes you can't catch it and unable to cancel it.

Example 2: You go to a social event like a birthday party. As soon as the lot loads and zooms in, the first action queued is "React in Disgust". If you manage to cancel it and leave the sim to perform a whim, the first action is still "React in Disgust". If you leave your sim to perform a whim in a crowded area, a number of "React in Disgust" actions queue up to the same number of people in the room. If you leave the room (go outside the restaurant) and leave your sim to perform a whim, it will NOT queue a disgust reaction until another sim approaches my sim or if I reenter the crowded location.

Example 3: I perform a "jog" around town. As soon as another sim is within that 5 build-mode-square radius from my sim, whether they interact or just pass by, the "React in Disgust" queues up. This happens whether I just jog or have a drone following my sim.

ALL THESE EXAMPLES apply to BOTH my original (modded) and new (non-modded, fresh-install) sims.

Why this is a problem: I am an obsessive-compulsive gamer. I want my sim to perform the actions I want when I want and how I want. The "React in Disgust" action messes up my timing and action queues. It gets very annoying at some point and makes me want to stop playing the game altogether.

It took me about a month (or more) to (re)do all the steps above just to make sure that I can reproduce the bug. I am a programmer/software engineer so I have a little bit of an advantage finding bugs than most people. This is a cross-trigger issue and can only be fixed by Maxis. This means that some trigger code that reads a variable value from another sim causes the action to occur from the "Get Famous" pack. The code should read something like: If another sim approaches my sim and has a "variable value" of 0, react in disgust else, ignore reaction. The variable value here can be anything from skill level, cleanliness level, etc... or a programmer FORGOT to put a value in this variable and it's fixed at 0 that causes the trigger to fire with anyone.

I'll just wait until they fix it with a patch. It's pretty simple to fix if they know where to look.

Message 19 of 117 (3,592 Views)
Highlighted

B-list and higher celebrities constantly react in disgust

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have and/or view B-list or higher celebrity when travelling to a lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? All 3+ stars celebrities will react in disgust upon loading into a lot.
What do you expect to see? For the "react in disgust" action to happen only with the appropriate trigger; not when loading into any lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Dec. 12, 2019 (1.59.73.1020) patch.

I have two B-listers in my household and they, along with every B-list or higher celebrity NPC, will react in disgust when loading into a lot. This happens when loading into any lot: your sim's home, a friend's home, or even if your sim is the only one on a lot.

Message 20 of 117 (3,579 Views)