Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity/Normal Walkstyle not persisting

by YayRee

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] Celebrity/Normal Walkstyle not persisting

★★★★ Novice

Hey there

I just discover that the Celebrity walk toggle option will be reset when the Celeb Sim "React in Disgust" which is another bug that 4 star or 5 star Sim has. When I choose "Use normal walk" and the Sim walks normally until it "React in disgust", Then I check the option Use normal walk appears again and the sims walks Celebrity style.

I haven't seen anyone mention it so I figure I shared it here, hopefully it will help.

Message 21 of 43 (2,145 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My sim reacts in disgust a lot, so that makes sense for me.

Message 22 of 43 (2,129 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yep, I've noticed that too. They "react in disgust" almost every 2 seconds which is why the walk keeps resetting. INSANELY  frustrating. Why no fix yet??

Message 23 of 43 (2,100 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was really hoping they’d fix this in the patch today. It’s really ruining my game. I’m also getting excessive use of the disgust reaction which is really annoying.

Message 24 of 43 (2,069 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me too. When I saw a patch I got all excited. I downloaded it and was kind of p/o'd. I also have no idea why my sim and her soulmate react in disgust to each other initially, and why in the world she reacts in disgust to her beloved pets (2 cats and a dog that she absolutely adores and spoils) every darn time.

Message 25 of 43 (2,032 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 43 (1,993 Views)

★★ Apprentice
There is a mod on mod the sims that disables the walk. this might help until they patch it.
Message 27 of 43 (1,952 Views)

Re: Won't stay "Normal Walking"

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

My sim just became a 4 Star Celebrity. The first thing she did when she got home was "react in disgust" to her boyfriend. It was amusing that one time.

I turned off the celebrity walk, but it goes back every time she reacts in disgust. Which is ALL the time.

I like both of these in NPC Sims and they have their place in a story. But ALL the time with a Sim I'm playing is a nightmare. Getting the laundry into the washer takes forever with that walk.

Edit to say: Added my "Me Too" over at the disgust page.

Added the no reaction mod and found that it didn't do anything to help my Sim stay with the normal walk. Any change of state - e.g. standing to sitting - causes them to go back to the celebrity walk. Oh well. Adding in the no celebrity walk mod. now.

Message 28 of 43 (1,845 Views)

Re: Won't stay "Normal Walking"

Hero
The disgust issue has it's own thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-3-and-above-star-Celebrity-constantly-quot-react-in/m-...

You might wanna click the me too there as well :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 43 (1,843 Views)

★ Apprentice
In addition to this, my celebrity sim that is pregnant is now walking VERY fast everywhere. Almost opposite problem really.
Message 30 of 43 (1,715 Views)