Re: Won't stay "Normal Walking"

by Meka3211

Original Post

Walk normal style command does not stick.

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with the ability to walk like a celebrity walking as such and click on them to change to normal walk.
What happens when the bug occurs? Clicking on walk in normal style does not stick. The sim keeps reverting to the celebrity walk style after a very short time. Within seconds usually.
What do you expect to see? I expect the "walk normal style" to stay put until I tell the sim to switch again to the celebrity walk style. I don't always expect my sim to do as she's told but in this case, I do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get famous expansion

Would just like my celebrity sim to walk in a normal style when I click the option to do so without her changing back to the celebrity walk style almost immediately.  There are times when it's appropriate to walk like a celebrity but she really doesn't need to do a slow motion floating everyone admire me walk to the bathroom every morning so I'm glad the option is there to click on the sim and change to normal walk.  It just doesn't work.

Message 11 of 43 (9,595 Views)

Re: Walk normal style command does not stick.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same here and this is super annoying. Thankfully turning the ridiculous glow off works at least. But the celebrity walk deactivation doesn't even last through the next door.

It's even more so annoying since the 'celebrity walk' is much slower than the normal one. 

Message 12 of 43 (9,582 Views)

Hero

Hi @Scribbit

merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 43 (9,562 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I am experiencing this in my game and I clicked 'Me Too'.  Both Sims are level 5 celebrities and I'll change their walk style to normal and then they'll revert back to the celebrity one.  Almost lost their baby....as it was taking them forever to get to the baby since that walk style is so slow.  I hope they fix this very soon!!

Message 14 of 43 (9,534 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What's annoying is the stutter step issue.  She'll take 2 steps, revert to famous walk, pull out her umbrella, walk 2 steps, put the umbrella away, revert to normal, etc.  It's like she can't decide what to do.

Message 15 of 43 (9,517 Views)

Hero
Might have merged your post with the wrong thread but you're probably seeing a mix of this and this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Sims-constantly-open-and-close-Umbrellas-while-they-wal...

@MacAllen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 43 (9,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Manderz0630 made a mod:

Get Famous - No Celebrity Walk Style (MTS)

< Removed mod link. Please only name mods at AHQ, don't link them>

Message 17 of 43 (9,401 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] Celebrity/Normal Walkstyle not persisting

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

He had the same problem in returning to the character's walking mode after selecting celebrity mode. The only temporary solution I found was unfortunately a modify.

Modifier for the walk mode: Get Famous - No Celebrity Walk Style.

Another mistake I noticed is if you have a couple and are playing in the same profession as an artist, in the event of bringing home the director and guests, only in the first works, in the other avatar, even after several attempts he did not comply the purpose of the profession, before starting the scene. But it did not interfere and I got the gold.

PS: still much of the game, it has bug of the two previous expansions, as for example the insistence of the animals in not letting us do any task and not to be quiet in the corner or playing alone.

EDIT: Removed mod link. Please do not link mods at AHQ as mod links are not allowed, just name them.

Message 18 of 43 (9,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This bug is insanely frustrating and I would say game breaking for me. This is not something I say often. I have run into several jump bugs with this pack - however this one - having to repeatedly click on the sim with every change state to revert back to normal walk is game breaking. I really hope they fix it soon. I do not use scripts/mods or CC. *edited to add: the reason its game breaking is this bug cannot be cleared by reloading the game whereas the others such as looping actions (sims not completing actions and just looping it), jump bugs etc can be cleared by reloading the game.

Message 19 of 43 (9,241 Views)

★ Guide

This walk needs speeding up a few notches....really really annoying.

Message 20 of 43 (9,118 Views)