Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Celebrity/Normal Walkstyle not persisting

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything bar a few stuff/game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim reach 4 star celebrity and try to toggle "Use Normal Walkstyle"
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim uses normal walkstyle for a brief amount of time before reverting to the Celebrity walkstyle.
What do you expect to see? The choice of Celebrity/Normal walkstyle being permanent.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As described above.

Message 1 of 43 (20,522 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GF] Celebrity/Normal Walkstyle not persisting

Hero

• Celebrity Sims set to the normal walk style, should now maintain their walk style setting.

Fixed in Patch 1.48.90

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 40 of 43 (16,346 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Celebrity/Normal Walkstyle not persisting

★ Apprentice

I feel your pain.  This pack has been absolutely amazing, but one of the two things that is bringing down the vibe, at least to me, is the non-permanence of the walkstyle change.

Message 2 of 43 (20,390 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] Celebrity/Normal Walkstyle not persisting

★★★★ Novice

Oh my gosh, it’s driving me bonkers. Especially since it’s so much slower...

Message 3 of 43 (20,339 Views)

Won't stay "Normal Walking"

★★ Apprentice

Hit 4 stars, now she walks like she's in slow motion.  I click walk normally, and she does, for like 10 steps, then back to slow motion again.  It's super annoying, especially when it takes 30 min to walk to the fridge and then the dining room table to eat.  Any suggestions?  I want it permanently off.

No mods, nothing like that, simple game with all expansions.

Message 4 of 43 (20,252 Views)

Re: Won't stay "Normal Walking"

[ Edited ]
Hero

Current Status

Hi @MacAllen

seems to be a bug.

merged your post with current bug report.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 43 (20,233 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Mine doesn't do anything, even temporarily. I tried changing it in CAS, clicking "Use normal walkstyle" over and over, it doesn't do anything at all. She just keeps walking in slow motion.

Message 6 of 43 (20,208 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And the problem also persists at 5-star celebrity.  It's driving me crazy since Celebrity Walk Style walk is so so slow! 

Message 7 of 43 (20,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same problem here.

Typical Maxis quality assurance. This bug is SO obvious and easy to find that it almost seems that there is no quality assurance. Call me crazy but I think I'm onto something here.

Let's all just hope that this isn't another bug like the "obsessive pets"-bug which is not solved even five months after the Seasons release. If that is the case I will finally snap. I just want to play the game without being punished for playing it.

Message 8 of 43 (20,131 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Amen
Message 9 of 43 (20,121 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As far as what I expect to see; I want the ability to toggle it on or off, and have it STAY that way until I choose to change it. Also, I'd like to see it automatically turn off if no one is watching, when on vacation, when in the sim's own home or when on the movie sets. Please, please, please make it stop!

Message 10 of 43 (20,105 Views)