Re: game settings "get famous"

by Zilverwolf2

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Cant toggle off fame

★★★★★ Apprentice

Clicked 'Me Too' but wanted to add that in addition to not being able to toggle off fame, when I try to save the setting, it also kicks me out to the worlds screen. Normally, this doesn't happen when I change gameplay options while on my Sims' lot. I play a totally vanilla fully updated game and have all packs except; JTB and SE.

Message 41 of 54 (1,426 Views)

@missbunny69 @HypsieOrigin and @LiELF  I've merged your posts with the master thread for this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post and add any other info you find relevant.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 42 of 54 (1,407 Views)

Re: game settings "get famous"

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DellaLuna48 Well i did the game repair and tested 24 sim hours in game. My sim who was on the tresshold to become a B-Celeb did not gain any fame anymore. No progress what so ever. I will make a new bugreport if in the meantime no one has made one.
Message 43 of 54 (1,382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same issue, but it didn't start until the update to 1.69.57.1020. It shows as being marked as turned off in my game but my sims are still gaining fame. I'd rather not have them gain fame because I dislike that aspect of the game. I have MCCC in. I took it out, repaired the game, and tried with a completely vanilla game save and the same thing happened. I already clicked the "Me Too" button, but wanted to add my experience to the overall list.

Message 44 of 54 (1,368 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue, and it’s driving me nuts :/

Message 45 of 54 (1,314 Views)

I have even tried to go into the options file and the config file and change it from off "0" to on "1" and the game just changes it right back.  Thought that might work, but it didn't. From the options and config files   -    

famestartsimsoptedout = 0

Message 46 of 54 (1,237 Views)

★★ Guide

I tried the same thing on both files, starting with a new options.ini file. I manually changed every setting I needed changed, and while every other option stuck, that one didn't. It did the same thing yours did and flipped it back from '1' to '0'.

This is so frustrating. But at least the Sims Twitter account person acknowledged they're aware of it and are working on a fix.

Message 47 of 54 (1,122 Views)

Re: Opted out of Fame button not working

★★★ Apprentice
@LadyDarkSorrow Yep that's exactly what's happening to me too.
Message 48 of 54 (1,075 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here! Hen I check the option it automatically un-checks itself when pressing <apply> button.

Message 49 of 54 (900 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i have exactly the same problem

Message 50 of 54 (1,057 Views)