Re: game settings "get famous"

by Zilverwolf2

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Cant toggle off fame

★★★★ Novice

Still have the same problem after the latest update. Quite annoying. 

Message 31 of 54 (2,336 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DellaLuna48 That seems to be the case. But my sim needs to be in the spotlight careerwise and her progress bar is not moving at all anymore. I had to cheat but that takes all the fun out of the game.That is also when i noticed i did not have the option anymore and thought this was to blame.
Message 32 of 54 (2,445 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Cant toggle off fame

★★★★★ Novice

If I check the box, it automatically becomes unchecked when I attempt to save the setting there is an open forum and it staterd after the pach update before snowy ecape came out i cleared every thing i uninstalled every thing i like playing with the fame off

Message 33 of 54 (2,390 Views)

★★ Guide

@nirea00 I apologize. When I went to double-check where the setting is, I realized it's to increase fame decay. It has the same effect I want, so any fame a townie might get will get knocked down quicker. But for anyone who has famous people in their town that they want to keep famous, I imagine it's gonna mess them up.

It's here: On a computer - MC Command Center > MCCC Settings... > Gameplay Settings... > Motive Decay > Fame Decay Percent.

You can make it decay up to 200% faster all the way to zero decay.

I'm also trying out Dreadpirate's Slower Fame Gain. She's no longer supporting, and I don't know yet if this last patch broke it. But I haven't gotten a last exception error from it yet, per TwistedMexi's Better Exceptions. It's here if you want to try it out: moved @gonerilcapp (tumblr.com)

Message 34 of 54 (2,380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Zilverwolf2  So it's not just that we can't turn off fame for everyone, it's also that your sims with fame aren't gaining it now?

Message 35 of 54 (2,374 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DellaLuna48 Yes. At least it is for me. I tested without mods and had the local thumbpackage removed. I tested 24 simhours with only actions to gain fame. No progress at all. The only way i can gain fame is by cheating.
Message 36 of 54 (2,355 Views)

★★ Guide

@Zilverwolf2 Thank you. Now I want to test this out too. That's an even bigger bug imho. Have you opened a bug report for it?

Message 37 of 54 (2,284 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DellaLuna48 No i haven't because i thought it was a result of the same bug. And it seems i am the only one. First i want to try a game repair. If that fails i make a new bug report.
Message 38 of 54 (2,253 Views)

Re: settings

★★ Novice

The checkbox for begin Sims oped out becomes unchecked once you click the apply button.

Message 39 of 54 (2,248 Views)

Re: settings

★ Guide

Same. My check box won't stick, so fame remains a thing. 

Also, that annoying fame walk can't be undone and I've had a Sim stuck with it for a year. It takes her forever to get anywhere. 

Message 40 of 54 (1,949 Views)