Re: Can't Opt In/Out of Fame

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Cant toggle off fame

★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Game Options -> Pack Settings -> Sims begin Opted Out of Fame
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t toggle fame off after Update. It reset automatically on.
What do you expect to see? I just want to play my sim without fame.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but happens when I remove the mods properly..
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.68.154.1020

I can't opt out of fame no matter how many times I try. I really don't want anything to do with fame or its quirks. I don't want to have paparazzi following me around or fans, but if I so much as start painting pictures for money I'm going to run into that problem until this is solved. Please fix this bug! I can't play until then because I'm afraid of gaining fame doing my normal game play.

Message 11 of 54 (2,959 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue! I hope they figure it out.

I will say, however, that it takes a LONG time to gain fame, it's doubtful you'll get enough selling a few paintings to have anything to do with paparazzi. That said, I still want it fixed! 

Message 12 of 54 (2,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same issue. I deleted my settings file for it to generate a new one, believing my settings to be corrupted somehow, but my all old settings were still active when it generated a new settings file. When you click the check and apply changes, the check mark gets removed.

Message 13 of 54 (2,929 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same issue.

But, I always play with fame turned off, and I know a new save copies the settings from the last played save. So, my active Sim was automatically set to being opted out of fame in spite of the setting not being checked. I haven't checked any other sims though, it's enough for me to not have my active household famous.

Message 14 of 54 (2,908 Views)

Can't Opt In/Out of Fame

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.68
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them EXCEPT Lux Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Game Settings > Pack Options > Opt In/Out Fame
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try to change the fame settings, I prefer to opt all my sims out of fame when I start, I'll check the box and hit 'apply changes' and the box automatically clears.
What do you expect to see? I would like to be able to opt out of fame for my sims again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.68 11/10/2020 patch

Can't Opt In/Out of Fame

Message 15 of 54 (2,918 Views)

The 'sims begin opted out of fame' option in the settings is broken

★★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack except Snowy Escape, Journey To Batuu, and Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I always have the box checked as I hate having my game spawn NPC celebrities. But now, I can't toggle it on after the recent update???
What happens when the bug occurs? The video attached will show you the problem.
What do you expect to see? Fix it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated my game to the Nov 17th patch.

So I started seeing npc celebrities walking around the town and I knew something isn't right. I went to the settings and found out the box wasn't checked, which was very weird because every time I updated my game, the box always remained checked. The video attached will show you the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jCC1hd9n-dgHMb-Xi0ZRs0pADpFBOBKw/view?usp=sharing

Message 16 of 54 (2,849 Views)

Re: Can't Opt In/Out of Fame

★★★★★ Guide

Same issue. When selecting opt out option when applying settings it automatically deselects the opt out option. 

Message 17 of 54 (2,830 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here. I don’t really like the Fame option but I can’t have my sims not get famous by having this option left unchecked. It’s annoying

Message 18 of 54 (2,733 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've got the same problem, even without mods it just doesn't work. Kind of makes the game unplayable right now. 

Message 19 of 54 (2,723 Views)

★★★ Pro

I just want to add you can remove the fame gain manual for your sims under Public info -> Fame Points -> Quit the spotlight

It’s an annoying workaround but it works for ever sims and stop the fame gain for your sims.

Message 20 of 54 (2,695 Views)