Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Can't use Get Famous stage props on empty lots

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.90.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the expansions, jungle adventures, vampires, spa day, outdoor retreat, bowling, romantic garden, perfect patio, spooky stuff, and backyard stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the western set fronts and saloon on an empty lot . Place a bookshelf and pet bowls near the wall of the saloon set.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims wave their arms and give the complaint they can't find or get to the item even though there is more than enough room for them to get to it.
What do you expect to see? They should be able to fill pet bowls and get books from the bookshelf.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I thought it would be fun to use the empty lot next to my Sims' house. I put the western stage props up, put in a bar and grill, bathroom, and a tent. Now they can have a little western type retreat! But this is where things got weird. I had put down a pet bowl against a wall and my Sim did that arm wave stating he couldn't find it. He also did the same arm wave with the bar when I suggested he make a drink. His husband also did the arm wave with the bookshelf I put in. However they were able to use the grill and tent. They also lit the firepit and sat on the tree stump benches, but refuse to roast anything. I moved the cat bowls to another side of the area and they were able to fill them.  I moved the book shelf and it's fine.  The building I made as a bathroom works, but they refuse to open the door where I had it so I had to move it. This is really weird because I've always put stuff on generic lots and everything was always able to be used perfectly fine. It's only in this one area with these things. When I move them they work fine, but where they currently are the boys can't do anything with them. Nothing is blocking the path to the area either.  I did move the bar away from the prop a little and it works, but the rest it didn't matter where I put them as long as it was away from the wall.  Any thoughts? 

Message 1 of 16 (2,251 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't use Get Famous stage props on empty lots

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 15 of 16 (2,360 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Can't use Get Famous stage props on empty lots

Hero

Hi @BadCowboy1969

could you upload your setup to the gallery for easier testing.

Just post your OriginID you uploaded under and name of the lot here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (2,230 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I'm really not sure I know what you mean? Upload what set up? You mean the pictures?

Now I'm also seeing this problem is on a household lot. A Sim continues to constantly try and "clean up pet toys" only to do the arm wave and say he doesn't understand. The pet toy box is on the patio. I even moved it away from the patio and he still does the same unsure motion.
Message 3 of 16 (2,208 Views)

Hero

I meant the lot :D

Can you upload it to the gallery ?

Maybe a toy is stuck somewhere and not the toybox itself ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (2,201 Views)

Hero
Added this as needs input to see if others have issues with this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (2,159 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Hey sorry with the holidays and stuff I haven't had the chance to get online let alone the game Frown I hope to get to it soon for you! Thanks!
Message 6 of 16 (2,143 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok I uploaded it to my gallery and named the lot Deadwood.  I hope that's all you needed.  I tried to find a link to post here, but I couldn't find one?  Not sure how that works, but please let me know what I need to do in case I did something wrong.  Again my apologies for the late reply in this.  My days seem to go as fast as the Sims days do sometimes haha.  Thanks for the help!  The issues are with the bookshelf against the wall and the pet bowls and beds.  Everything else seems to function fine.

Message 7 of 16 (2,110 Views)

Hero
I'll take a look at this tomorrow. Thanks

To get links you need to go to the online gallery but I find those mostly useless. As long as I know the creator/name of the lot, they're easy to find in the gallery.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (2,103 Views)

Hero

Hi @BadCowboy1969  

I tested your building (very cool) and can duplicate the issues you describe.

I tried a few other objects and they all don't seem to work. I'm bit unsure if this is a bug at all. I doubt this is supported though as you're using the items for something other than they're intended purpose.

Going to add this as unsure for now and gather some voices if others are bothered by this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (2,084 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
I've added this to a new cheats section. Still not sure if it's by design but it's probably not supported.

More voices would be good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (2,054 Views)