Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Can't place Drone in inventory after use

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them but the following: Weddings and Werewolves, plus all the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After using the drones (off the lot), try placing it into the inventory. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The drone and footage is lost
What do you expect to see? The drone back into the inventory and not afraid of it disappearing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Nope, being dealing with this since Get Famous, just avoided using them due to the bugs.

I take my sims out to record videos...doesn't matter what topic. I try and have the sim place the drone in his, hers, or their inventory and it doesn't go. I click on the item it says to "Place in World" not "Put in Inventory". Tried turning on cheats to reset the item, I can only reset the sim. Also, when I place the pointer over the object, no hand icon appears for me to manually move the item. This problem happens with all the drones not just one type of drone. I've repaired my game, as well. Not really wanting to uninstall and reinstall due to me owning all, but the latest game packs (Weddings and Werewolves) and all the kits. What am I missing?

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Everytime I use the drone off the home lot.
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them but the following: Weddings and Werewolves, plus all the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After using the drones (off the lot), try placing it into the inventory. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The drone and footage is lost
What do you expect to see? The drone back into the inventory and not afraid of it disappearing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Nope, being dealing with this since Get Famous, just avoided using them due to the bugs.

Edit By Crinrict: Filled out form by answers given, added tag

Message 1 of 16 (4,466 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims T-pose when trying to stick Up and Adam Drone in inventory

Hero

Looks like this got ninja fixed in either of the last patches.

Let me know if you still have issues

Marking this as Fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (1,867 Views)

All Replies

Re: Drones and Inventory aren't working...again

Hero

Hi @Alia1331 

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/pff but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (4,429 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It’s a pain and i’m dealing with the same exact issue. The way i fixed it is to travel to another lot, and it usually shows up in the sim’s inventory where you wanted it to be. Another way to get around it (doesn’t work EVERY time) is to use the “place in world” or “put in inventory” commands instead of dragging it

Message 3 of 16 (4,418 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've done all of that and it still doesn't work. This last time I went to a different world to do a fishing video. Tried having the sim "put in inventory" nothing happened. When I clicked for the sim to try it again it said "place in world" and I did that. The sim jump to a different spot next to the drone and nothing happened. I travelled back home then back again, the drone went missing.

Message 4 of 16 (4,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Alia1331 I'm having the exact same issue tonight. Including my sim jumping to a different spot when I click "put in inventory" or "place in world". I've bought two different drones now and they both are stuck outside my home. One is in the neighborhood the other is in Henford Bagley.
Message 5 of 16 (4,258 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A couple.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to record a video of your character while fishing, the drone will run out of battery and you won't be able to pick it up. I went to the closest fishing place just outside of my house.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time, tried with 3 different drones.
What do you expect to see? Would expect to be able to pick up the drone correctly in your inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Same issue over here, tried to complete the fishing video, drone ran out of battery outside of the house and fell down on the ground. Now, I cant pick it up or put into the world, kinda lame!

Message 6 of 16 (4,240 Views)

Re: [GF] Can't place Drone in inventory after use

★★★ Guide

I saw this too, and bought 2 additional drones because I didn't know where they kept disappearing to. I then went into CAS and when I came back out to Live mode all 3 drones were in my Sim's inventory.

Message 7 of 16 (4,189 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Same here, this seems to be quite new.

Message 8 of 16 (3,760 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am also having this problem and have clicked "me too".

I am able to fix it with the work-around of trying to put the drone in my inventory, it doesn't work and produces a last exception error, but then if I travel to another lot, the drone does appear in my inventory. Annoying to have to do this after every video filmed, but it's better than nothing. Hopefully this is fixed soon!

Message 9 of 16 (3,734 Views)

★★ Novice

I voted me too because this is happening to me as well, but I wanted to note that sometimes the "workaround" of traveling to another lot helps, but what I have noticed is if the drone is stuck in a place that is not an actual lot, the workaround doesn't work. I have a Sim in Newcrest whose lot is next to a fishing spot. Since the battery ran out and the drone landed on a non-editable lot, traveling to a different lot doesn't bring the drone back. I also tried leaving the drone alone for 2-3 sim days to "charge" and if I click on the drone and select "begin recording" or begin stream" the Sim resets when interacting with the drone, as if you shift+click and click reset sim with testing cheats on. So my point is that the workaround only works if the drone is on an actual lot that can be edited in build/buy. If the drone is on a part of the world that cannot be edited, it is legitimately stuck there. When I click the drone, I get the same options that I would get if it were in my Sims inventory, meaning I have the option to place in world. But doing that also seems to reset the Sim. I took a screenshot to show that the options show as if the drone is in her inventory, but it obviously isn't. I also have a recording of the Sim resetting whenever I click an option from the drone menu, but I cannot attach it here. I'd be happy to send it if EA requested it.

Message 10 of 16 (3,695 Views)