[FIXED] [GF] Audition/Gig tab comes up blank

by lastxcookie

Original Post

Re: Get Famous - Acting Career no Auditions

★★ Novice

I use mods, but I deleted them and the tab is still blank and I used a new save.

Message 51 of 60 (1,820 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 60 (1,813 Views)

★★ Novice

I restarted my game but it didn't work, maybe there is no chance of getting it out Thinking

Message 53 of 60 (1,807 Views)

Hero
Did you rename your folder and start a new game without adding anything back and still have the issue ?

Could also be this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 60 (1,802 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I renamed the folder and didn't add anything back, still the same blank tabEmbarrassed

Message 55 of 60 (1,797 Views)

Get Famous: Blank Audition List

★★★ Newbie

I feel like I have read all the threads on this, but I have not found a definitive answer to this issue:  I cheated to increase a sims celebrity level.  Went to check for new gigs, and nothing - the auditions list is completely blank.  I had just recently downloaded some mods and CC, so I moved ALL of it to a separate folder on my desktop.  Repair the game on Orgin, and start it back up.  I go to the same sim and still, nothing showing on the auditions list.  Quit the job, rejoin, and still, nothing showing.  I decide to switch to a different sim within the same household WHOM I DID NOT CHEAT TO INCREASE CELEBRITY STATUS and same thing - the auditions list is completely blank.  I then decide to switch households.  I go to a sim who has never had a job.  Join the actor career, and still nothing showing on the auditions list.  I have deleted the localthumbcache.package to no avail.  Nothing is showing up.  Is anyone else still having this issue?  I am at a complete loss.... 

Message 56 of 60 (1,734 Views)

Re: Get Famous: Blank Audition List

@DJTisyourprez  I've merged your post into the bug thread for this issue.  Please try the workarounds on the first page, including testing in a clean folder.  If none of this helps you, feel free to post back with the results.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 57 of 60 (1,712 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Audition/Gig tab comes up blank

★★★★ Novice
@Jekari0 not sure if recent patches patched this out, but this solution does not seem to be working anymore
Message 58 of 60 (1,608 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@DJTisyourprez This issue is still present for me at least and I don’t use mods or cheats
Message 59 of 60 (1,585 Views)

Hero

The Well Suited and G.R.A.N. talent agencies are back in business! Gigs from these agencies will now display appropriately.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 60 (11,262 Views)