[FIXED] [GF] Audition/Gig tab comes up blank

by lastxcookie

Original Post

Sim can't get gig audition

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except seasons, all game packs except jungle adventure, backyard, perfect patio, vintage galmour, bowling, fitness, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea, first time playing since downloading and it never worked.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I search for a gig there is nothing in the box that appears, I have read about what others have experienced, I started with one of the two base agencies did not cheat my way up, I started with a sim I created from scratch in CAS, I quit the job and joined again I changed agencies, then back, and I have repaired my game. Can someone please help?
What do you expect to see? I should see gig opportunities.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have done everything I could think of and just would like to play this pack, please help.

Message 41 of 60 (1,197 Views)

Re: Sim can't get gig audition

Hero

Is it just one Sim or generally for all ? Did you also delete your localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

@brianitesims 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 60 (1,192 Views)

★★ Novice

I just deleted the localthumbcache file and created a new sim and gave her the actress job and nothing appeared. So it seems to be all sims not just the one I started with. @crinrict 

Message 43 of 60 (1,182 Views)

Hero

HI @brianitesims 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload to googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 60 (1,175 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just encountered the same bug. It's not the first bug with the Actor career I've encountered, either - it happened when I was dealing with a SECOND instance of my Sim's Job pane showing '[Sim] has no job' when I hadn't had my sim fired/quit and they still had the career. (As in, all the career-related options showed up on their phone, but the Job pane told a different story. What's more, the first time it happened, the day I was supposed to do my sim's gig came and went without my sim ever being summoned to his work...which is how I found out about the bug. I was confused why the day of my sim's gig hadn't called him in to work, checked the Job pane, and was extremely confused and surprised to be told my sim was unemployed...but I couldn't get hired back into the actor career because, according to the phone, I still HAD that career.)

Now, the first time I fixed it by quitting the Actor career through the phone and then rejoining it; this fixed it showing up in my sim's Job pane and let my sim go to work again. (Luckily I have the Career Hopper fame perk, so my sim didn't lose any job levels.) I attempted to do that again this time as well. But for some reason - I have a sneaking suspicion maybe it was because I didn't cancel my sim's scheduled gig first - ever since I rejoined, anytime I try to schedule a gig, the Audition window comes up blank. This happens with all agencies, whether I cheat to demote/promote my sim, etc. I could reload to an earlier save but my last separate save was probably an in-game week ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if this bug is related to the last bug I had, though I'm not sure in what way.

ETA: Okay, after some trial and error I've confirmed that the Job pane declaring my sim doesn't have a job is due to using MC Command Center to change game time speed. But I still don't know why my sim's Auditions pane showed up blank - again, I think it may have had something to do with having an active gig I hadn't cancelled before I quit the acting career, but that's purely guessing on my part.

Message 45 of 60 (1,156 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Audition/Gig tab comes up blank

★★★ Newbie

Hello, this is happening to me as well. I have no mods or cc. The workaround isn't working for me either. Mine is blank for all 4. I have repaired my game,  quit my job and restarted and nothing os working.  Any help would appreciated.

Message 46 of 60 (1,101 Views)

Hero
Did you cheat your Sim up ? Did you try cheating them back down and trying the normal way ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 60 (1,089 Views)

★ Novice

I FIXED IT 

Hey all, I had this problem too when I picked 5-star Celeb Judith Ward to play as, and as you guys already know, the Check Open Auditions came up as a white blank.

This is how I fixed it! First, go and change Agencies from 'Well Suited Talent Agency' to 'Everyday Extras Talent Agency'. 

Secondly, you can see a couple of basic Auditions available so pick one of them to do.

Now, you have to be patient and do other stuff till you go ahead and complete the basic audition.

Once your back home you can check your auditions and there seems to be more there!

So now you can change your Agency back to  'Well Suited Talent Agency' and BAM! It's fixed!

All the Auditions are back!  Standard smile  

Message 48 of 60 (1,022 Views)

Re: Get Famous - Acting Career no Auditions

★★ Novice

Hey,

I started the acting career with a new sim and when I choose my agency, career tab becomes blank:

1. Doesn't show what agency I'm in

2. Doesn't show median gig pay

3. There is no ,,Check for auditions button"

4. Doesn't show when my audition starts

5. Doesn't show what recommended skill I should have

first picture is what my tab looks like

second picture is from internet, it shows how it is supposed to look like

(Hope you can understand my problem. English isn't my native language )

Message 49 of 60 (988 Views)

Re: Get Famous - Acting Career no Auditions

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @omgnuagne 

are you using mods in your game ?

Is that just a new Sim in an existing save or a new save 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 60 (979 Views)