Re: [OPEN] [GF] All Sims Famous after patching

by rippcharddrive

Original Post

Re: [GF] All Sims Famous after patching

★★★★ Novice

Mine are all notable newcomers even the staff at the spa. 

Message 41 of 67 (1,374 Views)

Sims keep becoming Global Superstars

★★★ Newbie

Several of my Sims have since the latest patch and release of the new pack HSY bacame Global Superstars even though fame is turned off. However it's only visable when hovering over the Sims icon and not in the actaul fame-menu.

Message 42 of 67 (1,366 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here.  It started with a few but now after a day of playing *everyone* is a "Global Superstar*!

If everyone is a Global Superstar, then no one is.  Frown 

Message 43 of 67 (1,329 Views)

Re: Everyone is a celebrity

★★★★ Novice

Also experiencing this. Specifically, on the "hover over" text for sims. Deleting avatarcache and localthumbs temporarily fixes it, then as soon as you encounter an actual celebrity, the icon for that particular sim's celebrity level starts appearing on other sims. 

Kind of seems like a filter through thing,  where a few show it but others donxt,  but eventuality,  it starts appearing on everybody (and pets).

I originally thought it was a mods thing, but it happens with mods off in a brand new save too.

Message 44 of 67 (1,304 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

this is the only glitch that has been happening to me after the update and purchasing high school years.

i have two sims that are famous, one is a notable newcomer, the other is a b-lister. when they're around other sims in a public lot, everyone else is also labeled as the fame level my sims are.

i don't think they actually become famous because they dont have the fame interactions there should be when you click on them, and the label goes on and off if that makes sense? like one minute it'll be there when i hover over them and the next minute it wont be

Message 45 of 67 (1,303 Views)

Everyone’s a celebrity?

★ Novice

So I wanted to start my world as a celebrity family and I used a cheat and MCCC to do so. Once I made my sims celebrities, everything was fine. But then I went to school…. Suddenly everyone around me were global superstars (a lot of the adults) and the teens were proper superstars just like my teen sims. Despite everyone being labeled as a celebrity, if I try to take away that celebrity status from them, they’re still listed as a normal invisible person. It’s not a huge deal, but I think it’s causing a negative effect when I introduce my sims to other sims. They’re all just immediately hated for some reason even without a negative reputation except one of them.

Message 46 of 67 (1,299 Views)

My Sims Are Randomly Famous???

★★★ Newbie

I just started a new save with a family of sims that are unplayed ( I didn't download them from a previous save) and yet they all started out as Notable Newcomers, including the toddler, who has no ability to gain fame. I checked all of their "Fame Levels" and they are all "Unknown" meaning they aren't famous. At first I was like ehh, alright, but then the next day a few of them became Proper Celebrities, yet I didn't do anything to get them famous. Randomly they were switching between not famous, notable newcomer and proper celebrity. Even the dog who can't be famous was a celebrity! And it isn't just the sims in my household. The save was brand new and yet Nancy Langraab was famous. I thought that perhaps it was because of the Neighborhood Stories update, but the next week Nancy was somehow less famous? Three days later, she was a Global Superstar!!! 

Message 47 of 67 (1,273 Views)

Re: My Sims Are Randomly Famous???

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, but every sim i meet is a Notable Newcomers. So not only my newborn toddler but also my coworkers or neighbours. Now i quit the game and i clicked the "fix" option in origin so i hope it will stop.

Message 48 of 67 (1,251 Views)

Re: My Sims Are Randomly Famous???

Community Manager

@zuzixmaster3000 @gyqn07wgftd6 

I've merged your post with the current open thread on this issue, please click Me Too on the first post here. 

solaire.png

Message 49 of 67 (1,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Literally. Even a kitten i have JUST adopted has a one star fame level

I also took my sim to the park and every single person had at least one level of fame.

Message 50 of 67 (1,171 Views)