Re: [OPEN] [GF] All Sims Famous after patching

by ChelleBelle716

Original Post

Re: All my sims in my savefile are famous

★★★ Apprentice

Same here! I happened after my sim met a celebrity. I made a short video showing the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/122wJyCazdf7t5U4g2Jh-L2KXbbC9MAb3/view?usp=sharing

This is the save file where it's happening: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15IuQXBDWzkQcuxnKvz7u3w1bwAna94ox/view?usp=sharing

Before starting this save file I removed all mods. I've got all packs, except bust the dust. It happened after installing the latest update.

Message 31 of 67 (1,280 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
My Sim isn't famous, but everyone else in my game is currently tagged as 'Global superstar' when I hover over them with my mouse.
Message 32 of 67 (1,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Mine are all B-listers. They weren't when I started this save (as a new game), but after 10, 15 minutes (real time, not ingame) they suddenly where all B-Listers. My Sim isn't famous.

Edit: After playing for a few hours the bug showed the following behavior: Some Townies started as B-Lister, but the next time I see them they are a Proper Celebrity.  Others appear being Proper Celebrity immediately. But it seems to come and go. At one occasion L. Faba (for example) shows up as Proper Celebrity, at another she is no celebrity anymore. Those Sims never have the special celebrity interactions, just the "tag" underneath the name. I couldn't see a pattern so far when they become celebrities and when not and when and why it goes away again. My Sim never had enough fame points to get any rank as a celebrity.

Message 33 of 67 (1,174 Views)

★★★ Novice

All my unplayed townies are now celebs dosen't matter what age.Why you guys didn't tested this patch before relasing it?

Message 34 of 67 (1,165 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah I was just about to ask about this, I thought it was maybe because I deleted all townies (I've made over 80 for this save) so I thought the algorithm was just filling in the empty space. Luckily my game doesn't actually recognize their celebrity levels, so a non-celebrity active sim won't be freaking out at EVERYONE. Still kinda annoying for trying to identify the real celebrities.

Message 35 of 67 (1,118 Views)

Even cats can now be famous

★ Novice

Kinda crazy how even cats are now celebrities. This game is busted

Message 36 of 67 (1,119 Views)

Re: Even cats can now be famous

Hero
@madhatterk18 I merged your post with the main thread. It's all part of the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 67 (1,104 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also randomly seeing 5 stars on my sim's cat. Paparazzi are also randomly 4 or 5 stars now for some reason 

Message 38 of 67 (1,092 Views)

★ Guide

Same here. After the patch, I went into the household I've been playing where two of the household members are celebrities. One is a Global Superstar and his fiance is a Notable Newcomer. They display correctly as such. However, their toddler and her parents are currently living with them and now all of them are labeled as celebrities too (when you hover over them it gives their name and newly found celebrity status). Prior to the patch I had both of the parents opted out of fame and that setting shows as still being in place.

For the parents and the toddler, however, it constantly changes. One moment they're labeled as a Global Superstar and the next is shows them as a Notable Newcomer. Or with no celebrity label at all. It keeps switching. I did the Shift-Click cheat menu on them and when I go into the option for the Get Famous pack and look at the options to Decrease Fame, it's greyed out and says "Sim is already at lowest level of fame" - even at the times that they are displaying as a Global Superstar. When I hover over Freeze Fame - it too is greyed out and says that the Sim has no fame.

To test it, I took the whole family out to a busy public place. All the other sims in the game also now seem to have celebrity labels - most say Notable Newcomer. However, the only Sims that other Sims are reacting to as famous people are my two Sims that actually are celebrities. Nobody is reacting to the toddler or the parents like they are celebrities, even when they are labeled as a Global Celebrity. Nor are my Sims reacting to any other Sims like they are celebrities. So it seems, so far, to be more of a labeling issue and doesn't seem to really impact game play or change the behavior of the sims.

Message 39 of 67 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Happening to me today as well.  I created a new save yesterday after the patch came out, and removed all mods except for a few pieces of CC (furniture and decor, mostly). 

Created a new SIm in Willow Creek, and didn't play him until today after High School Years had dropped and was installed.  Over half the people walking in his neighborhood have tags saying they are VERY famous- Proper Celebrity or Global Superstar. He can still interact with them, so I suspect they're not actually "famous" in a way the game recognizes. 

I have every pack except the Star Wars one. 

Message 40 of 67 (1,028 Views)