Re: [OPEN] [GF] All Sims Famous after patching

by Khrisstyne

Original Post

Get famous every person is “global famous”

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, cats and dogs, city living, seasons etc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I just saw it on every person.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every person and animal are “global famous” without me doing anything.
What do you expect to see? That they are not “global famous”
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I hope this will help

Message 21 of 67 (1,790 Views)

Re: [GF] All Sims Famous after patching

★★★★★ Apprentice

Has anyone also noticed that the Public Image option is not in the testingcheats menu?

P.S. There is a potential workaround if you have the MC Command Center mod (MC Cheats > Cheat Sim Info > Expansion Cheats > Increase Celebrity Level > Close dialog box),but it can only be used on one sim at a time, so this workaround may take a while to fix. Hopefully the issue can be forwarded over to the Sim gurus and fixed in the next patch.

Message 22 of 67 (1,869 Views)

★★ Novice
@ValeriaD17 the same thing is happening to me, i dont know why they would release this update if its so buggy, its incredibly irritating
Message 23 of 67 (1,868 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Because the sims team has to release a new patch every month, and there is often not enough time to play test the game for bugs. Can't delay the patch guys, release it now so that we can fix it later!

Message 24 of 67 (1,865 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same. Once my sim became a rising star, I noticed every single sim in the game is too. Pets, npcs, everyone. Well, everyone except one food stall vendor who is a proper celebrity…😂

Message 25 of 67 (1,843 Views)

★ Guide

Admittedly, I've not played with the Fame system in a while but today I decided to start a Sim into the Acting career. I typically have all Sims opted out of fame as a matter of course and opt them in when I decide that they are going to go into some sort of logical fame building field. 

So my guy went and did a commercial and I opted him into fame and BAM, instant global superstar. Somehow I don't think that is how the system is supposed to work. He has no associated fame points, just the title. I've not yet checked to see if my other active Sim is able to talk to him yet or if they have the "beg for introduction" thing. 

This particular save has no mods at all and so I use it for exploring new gameplay whenever a new patch or DLC comes out. 

Message 26 of 67 (1,796 Views)

★ Guide

Ah yes. My "normal" Sim went out to a community lot and encountered an normal NPC with Global Superstar fame (Pic 2)

However, they are able to have normal conversation without attempting to introduce or ask for autograph/ signature, like they usually do with actual famous Sim (Pic 3)

I also notice:

1) Fame level on these normal Sims changes every time you hover your mouse on them.

2) Don't think there is a workaround. Usually a simple cheat "Shift + left click" can change their fame level but that doesn't apply to stranger Sims.

PS: I tried out this glitch with mods on.

Message 27 of 67 (1,769 Views)

All my sims in my savefile are famous

★★ Novice

Hello i would like to report a bug

After the new update which introduces BODY HAIR, CURVED WALLS ETC...

All my sims even out of my household are famous, for example B - celebrity

And when I look at the get famous panel. It is telling me that my sim is not famous at  all.

Message 28 of 67 (1,756 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] All Sims Famous after patching

★ Guide

This is also a console issue. I play on PlayStation 5 and I get celebrities as well.

Message 29 of 67 (1,736 Views)

Re: All my sims in my savefile are famous

Hero
@Eco_Adam I merged your post with the main thread on the bug. Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 67 (1,735 Views)