Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Actor gets 0 $ pension

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let an elder actor retire.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everyday I get a notification that my Sim has got 0 $ pension.
What do you expect to see? A normal pension?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Is this by design to illustrate the hard social circumstances of artists?

Message 1 of 15 (4,922 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Actor gets 0 $ pension

Hero

Elder Sims will no longer have the option to retire from the Acting Career, just to be met with a sad, sad reality. Before they were taunted with a TNS telling them they got this big great pension and now they can sit back and relax, but the pension amount was §0. That’s just so dark…

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (4,986 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Might merge this with the other actor payment issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (4,853 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Ok Standard smile (though I wasn't aware of another payment issue)

Message 3 of 15 (4,850 Views)

Hero
This one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Pay-for-Median-Gig-Pay-is-low/m-p/7225222#M79421

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (4,836 Views)

No retirement pay for actor

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Laundry and Small Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an elder Sim in the acting career retire
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim receives no retirement pay
What do you expect to see? Sim should receive retirement pay
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My "Silver Screen Icon" celebrity Sim retired from acting, but when the retirement pay message came up it said he got 0 simoleons. I thought it might be because he didn't have any acting gigs for a few days before he retired, so I had him rejoin the acting profession (he remained at the top level thanks to a fame perk), do a gig (which earned about 6400 simoleons), and then immediately retire again. The next day the retirement pay message still said 0 simoleons.

I realize this might be by design as actors are paid by gig rather than salaried, but it would be good to have some confirmation.

(Bonus points to anyone who appreciates the irony of me making a Sim named Tommy Wiseau become a world-class celebrity actor ;-)  )

actor-retirement-pay-zero-12dec2018.jpg

Message 5 of 15 (4,815 Views)

Re: No retirement pay for actor

Hero

Hi @funcrunch

merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (4,791 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor gets 0 $ pension

Hero
Added this as separate thread for now (easier to find and might be separate issue although the payment of the actor career seems to have several issues)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (4,774 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

**I realize this might be by design as actors are paid by gig rather than salaried, but it would be good to have some confirmation.**
@funcrunchExcellent point. A career that depends on certain tasks / ie: gigs / does not have a real salary.  That could account for zero retirement salary. Hopefully there can be another option to fix this.

Nice twist ( Tommy Wiseau )

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 8 of 15 (4,687 Views)

★★★★ Guide
That's an issue that can possibly tear me and my sims apart.

Oh hai, funcrunch... ;D
Message 9 of 15 (4,662 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

Still not fixed half a year later.

Message 10 of 15 (4,046 Views)