by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: Prep Tasks Broken in 12/12/19 patch

★★★ Novice

Me too still waiting.....

Message 351 of 386 (906 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is there a mod that has addressed this yet?

Message 352 of 386 (878 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@tayashwal Not really. There are some "kind-of" fixes.

LittleMsSam has one that will automatically mark the prep tasks as complete as soon as you get them, so you never have to do them at all.

I have one on MTS that increases your job performance on the studio lot so if you fail a task, it's not an automatic failure to get gold.

I'm also working on one that works similar to LMS's mod but only auto-completes the tasks when you travel to the studio lot, so you can at least do the action of completing them.
Message 353 of 386 (855 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

For those of us not mod savvy and really don't want to use mods is there any cheat code known?  Still Having this issue after what seems like a year (Its not even small... its huge for the whole xpac, I don't understand why they are ignoring us). 

Message 354 of 386 (799 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@SunnyRustman Not that I know of. I've never heard of a cheat that completes job tasks. Not even UI Cheats does it. The issue appears to be a game mechanic flaw. I don't think that's something mods can change. It's not like what I do by just changing some tuning files.

Maybe script mods can simulate a fix... but noone's wanted to tackle it yet. And I'm not a good enough script modder to do it.
Message 355 of 386 (765 Views)

★★★ Novice

I literally just downloaded get famous and this happens right away... You shouldn't be able to buy it with a big bug like this! It makes it impossible to make it in an acting career! Can't believe this post was started in December and there is still no fix.

Message 356 of 386 (749 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★ Novice

I also have this issue. I thought it was just a problem with my game. Weird that it's been a thing for so long and still isn't fixed. :/

Message 357 of 386 (670 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Psychotps Has this been looked into at all?
Message 358 of 386 (604 Views)

Developed Skills keep resetting when traveling

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.12.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs Parent Hood, Vampires, Outdoor First Pets, Cool Kitchen, Patio Holiday & Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Start any of the career (acting) develop skills. It does not mater, how many or which one. 2. Have your sim travel, on own, or by invite of another sim, or travel to the Actor Set to do the job.
What happens when the bug occurs? Actual: All developed skills weather fully completed, or partial are reset to "Not Started"
What do you expect to see? Expected: All developed skills, regardless or level should be retained.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have read this was suppose to be fixed. Origin said my game is latest build, or what would be pushed out. It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. It almost makes it not worth doing acting career its so buggy.

Message 359 of 386 (536 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@bellsteph5678 By EA/Maxis? I'm sure they know about it. It IS the most popular issue at the moment. Plus, it's been an issue for almost 4 months now. There ARE a lot of them though. Many hundreds at least.

You can see the full list here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/3445209#M10362...
Message 360 of 386 (551 Views)