[FIXED] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★★ Novice
@Psychotps I googled it and it appears that some other folks have run into the same problem. But it appears to happen when reloading the game. So maybe it is a different issue? I'm not sure.
Message 341 of 386 (1,383 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So I've been "waiting" for a fix like everyone since December. By January I was already pissed. We're heading into April now and this is beyond belief. 

I say we're getting a vaccine for Covid-19 before we ever see a fix to this bug. And yes, they expect a vaccine could take a year to get ready. 

So there you have it. That's how much I believe in EA right now.

The Sims are definitely not the game I'm playing during my quarantine. 

Message 342 of 386 (1,351 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi everyone, 

I am a french player but I also have the same issue. Do you know if there is a solution for this problem or not ?

It's very annoying because I can't get the gold in the actor career because of this problem. 

I also have an other issue in the actor career. When my sim is going to change makeup and hair for the contract, nothing change, whereas for the suit, she changes her clothes normally for the contract. Someone else have this problem ?

I am sorry for my english and I hope you understand my problem. 

Thank you in advance.

First issue :

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? French
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take an acting gig, complete one of the Prep Tasks. Travel to another location.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon changing locations, completed prep tasks are no longer complete.
What do you expect to see? Completed prep tasks remain completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? It occurs even if I remove them and repair the game.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 12/12/19 update to 1.59.73.1020

Second issue :

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? French
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be an actor, go to work, and then change makeup and hair for the contract.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing change.
What do you expect to see? Her hair and makeup change for the contract.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? It occurs even if I remove them and repair the game.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I don't know

Message 343 of 386 (1,336 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Psicose_6 Well, with this covid quarantine, im sure the developers and other Sims 4/EA Staff have been sent home like the rest of us. And if they're trying to work from home, Im sure there are other factors slowing them down like family, trying to set up their home office for full-time work, etc.
Message 344 of 386 (1,293 Views)

★★ Guide

@jeniouis wrote:
@Psicose_6Well, with this covid quarantine, im sure the developers and other Sims 4/EA Staff have been sent home like the rest of us. And if they're trying to work from home, Im sure there are other factors slowing them down like family

Honestly, this. 

Don't get me wrong folks, I'm still royally pissed by this train wreck, and if you care to check through this thread you'll find I've been pissed (and vocal) for a very long time at this point. But let's put things in perspective a little bit, shall we? Back in December there were people  expecting to have this sorted out during Christmas, and I thought that to be naive (and a bit selfish), I didn't expect to see the same behaviour through a pandemic tbh 😆

Message 345 of 386 (1,276 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@YuleNorwood wrote:

@jeniouis wrote:
@Psicose_6Well, with this covid quarantine, im sure the developers and other Sims 4/EA Staff have been sent home like the rest of us. And if they're trying to work from home, Im sure there are other factors slowing them down like family

Honestly, this. 

Don't get me wrong folks, I'm still royally pissed by this train wreck, and if you care to check through this thread you'll find I've been pissed (and vocal) for a very long time at this point. But let's put things in perspective a little bit, shall we? Back in December there were people  expecting to have this sorted out during Christmas, and I thought that to be naive (and a bit selfish), I didn't expect to see the same behaviour through a pandemic tbh 😆

Ofc I know that. It's everywhere (I havent left the house in 15 days, because luckily I can so therefore I must do my part) and there's nothing more important than for all of us to be safe - EA staff included!
I just attempted to make a funny remark, cause that's my way of dealing with things - and the pandemic is among those things.

Still, we know this was at the bottom of their list in terms of priorities, at least that's what I could tell from the 4 months that have passed already. It will definately have fallen even lower on that list right now. Games could feel like superfluous things at the moment, but they also serve as an escape, something we can all appreciate right now.
Luckily there's lots out there and I'm keeping busy with them. Standard smile

Stay safe everyone! Standard smile

Message 346 of 386 (1,265 Views)

Re: Prep Tasks Broken in 12/12/19 patch

★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem and tried what you suggested. Switching agencies did not change the outcome. I've been able to do well with my gigs, however before I had level 8 acting that was not possible. I tried completing the prep tasks on various lots in different worlds before heading to the gig, and still the prep tasks are gone. 

Message 347 of 386 (1,125 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No hope of this ever getting fixed... EA sent everyone home. Heck, their customer service is barely working at the moment. For that matter, their Help website AND the game client keep going down on a regular basis. Sad to see a company go south like this.

Message 348 of 386 (1,089 Views)

Acting Career Bug

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP06: 1.assets.ml-gp06.104
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get Famous, City Living, Cats and Dogs, University, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Tiny Living, First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim in the Acting Career
What happens when the bug occurs? When I have the tasks completed before going to an acting gig, they disappear when i actually go to the gig. Anytime i travel anywhere, they reset and I have to hurry and do them all over again to have them done before the gig. Please fix this, its really frustrating!
What do you expect to see? I hope I can actually have the tasks stay completed when i go to the acting gigs. Otherwise i cant progress in the acting career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please fix this bug. When I complete tasks before the acting gig, the reset when I actually travel to the gig. Then I have to try to redo them before doing the scenes. Which is sometimes impossible and very irritating

Message 349 of 386 (991 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this issue now, and we’re in March. Is this normal?

Message 350 of 386 (915 Views)