Re: Job Requirements in Acting Career not staying complete

by psalg001

Original Post

Job Requirements in Acting Career not staying complete

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? tiny living, laundry day, vintage glamour, luxury party, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, vampires, discover university, island living, get famous, cats & dogs, city living, and get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the acting career. Complete job requirements, then travel.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I travel the job requirements say not started.
What do you expect to see? The job requirements to be completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I do not have any addition information.

Message 331 of 386 (1,412 Views)

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe
Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? tiny living, realm of magic, strangerville,  vampires, discover university, island living, get famous, cats & dogs, city living, seasons, get to work, outdoor retreat, parenthood, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, and romantic garden stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the acting career. Complete prep requirements, then travel.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I travel the job requirements say not started.
What do you expect to see? The job prep requirements to be completed when sim arrives at the acting job.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not Sure 

Issue still happening. Prep work for gig resets when Sim travels. Needs to be fixed please. Acting carrier from Get to Work broken. Impossible, or nearly so, to get gold star rating when you have to try to complete prep work and job tasks on site with such limited time.

Message 332 of 386 (1,306 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem as others. I haven't played in a long time (12/30/19), so I can't tell which of the patches caused the issue for me. I wasn't having any problems months ago before I purchased the university, Island Living and Strangerville packs and installed the new patch(es) two days ago.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? 100% of the time
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get together, Get Famous, Seasons, Cat and Dogs, City Living , Island Living, Discover University, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the acting career, accept a gig, and perform all (or at least one) of the required career tasks. Then when it's time to travel to the job site, join sim. Once you arrive on site, check the careers panel and see that all completed tasks are no longer completed. All are again listed as "Not started."
What happens when the bug occurs? After completed required acting gig prep tasks, I join my sim and travel to the gig site. Once at the job site, the tasks no longer show as completed. They all show as "Not started."
What do you expect to see? Gig prep tasks should retain whatever status they had before traveling to the gig site.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, I've never owned custom content or mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I can't pinpoint which patch since I haven't played since December, but it showed up the first time that I played (3/23/19) since 12/30/19. Two days ago, I installed the new games that I listed at the start of this post. I don't know if it's patches or something about the new game installs that caused the issue for me.

Message 333 of 386 (1,279 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★★ Newbie

I play IoIon XBox one and the same happens every time I love to a different lot.

Sometimes I CAN pull off a ok three tasks, once.I get to the job site.

Message 334 of 386 (1,006 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★ Apprentice

Bug still unresolved since the OP's bug report? Frown

Message 335 of 386 (985 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Its funny how this bug has been reported since 3 months back then but EA still didnt manage to fix it until now. Seems like they love releasing new packs quickly rather than fixing bugs. Lmfao

Message 336 of 386 (907 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It’s actually ridiculous that this is still an issue...

Message 337 of 386 (856 Views)

★ Apprentice

agreed... was hoping to come here and find a fix, but alas... no fix.   It's SUPER annoying.

Side bug:   If you go with the actor / actress and have yours sims take care of themselves, and one of them is working on college and it just happens that they are supposed to be doing a final exam... it doesn't happen.   They go to school as normal and you don't get the check mark next to the Final Exam.   Thankfully I still got A+ so the bug may just be getting it marked as complete yet still getting credit for it.   The only other bug is when I have the single Sim going to college and not get his/her presentation display in their inventory.  I've had that happen with 2 sims going to college in addition to just 1 sim going to college.   I really wish we could just buy the blank presentation board when that happens (like when you lose your homework book).

Message 338 of 386 (850 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im having the same issue. Just bought this pack yesterday. But what I've also noticed, but havent seen mentioned yet, is that my fame meter also resets. Which...is incredibly disappointing.

Message 339 of 386 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@jeniouis

That must be a different issue. I've been playing it quite a bit since the bug appeared. I've been trying to make a mod that best resolves the issue, but it's having problems. The way the prep tasks work is seriously weird. I basically took LittleMsSam's fix mod and redesigned it, trying to make it only work upon traveling to the gig. Was sure I had it licked but for some reason it auto-completes the tasks on traveling, sometimes not. Still working on it.

I haven't seen that problem at all on mine. My fame has been working fine the whole time.

Message 340 of 386 (695 Views)