Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by DMCain

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

From my understanding it can make certain tasks you perform at the gig not work, for example in the action film ones if you completed the mean interaction prep task the risky choice when performing the task at the gig has a higher chance of going well. Not sure how that ties into money and whatnot though.

Message 311 of 386 (2,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@silver_doe94   Well, yeah. That's the point of the prep tasks. The gigs that have the lockup in cell performance task usually have fitness as the prep task. Any with a kiss or flirt usually has romance/flirt related prep tasks. They're all like that. If you don't do the prep tasks, (or with the current bug, they get reset), then the performance tasks stand a much higher chance of failing.

You can do some of the tasks on the gig site but not all. You don't have time to do a lot of them. So without a mod, it's extremely unlikely you'll ever get gold.

It ties into money and fame because failing a single performance task means you won't get gold. The amount of money and fame you get is dependent upon whether you got bronze, silver, or gold in your job performance for that gig.

Message 312 of 386 (1,980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you still have the same problem? This is still a problem for me and it has been months now and mine still does it 

Message 313 of 386 (1,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@princeanuanu me too...was really hoping this was resolved by now
Message 314 of 386 (1,715 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue here also my sim will never receive an award therefore can't complete aspiration.

Message 315 of 386 (1,678 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I too am having this issue. What I do to deal with it is knock out 1 or 2 of the prep tasks while at the studio after traveling there. Sometimes there is enough time to do all 3, but not very often since you need about 1/3 of the timer left to complete all the performance tasks. This is easier if you are already friends with several of the people already on the lot. Also, the 'No Touching' quirk is BAD as it prevents, or hinders, the completion of the 'Perform Scene' tasks.

Oh, I always do the risky moves. No reason not to as you don't lose anything by failing. And if the relevant skill is high enough, they almost always succeed. completing the prep tasks help, but not as much as having the relevant skill at 7+.

Hope this helps out some folks.

Message 316 of 386 (1,601 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The fact that this is still a bug that's plaguing the game is making me feel as if this is just another bug that the devs once again have no intention to actually fix (Alongside the stupid "Sims standing around doing nothing for many ingame hours" issue I see still popping up). How does it take 2-3 months to fix a bug? Did they scramble the code that badly doing the last bug patch or something or did they just say they're looking into it so that we'll be quiet? Or are they only gonna really fix it if there's other stuff to add to it in the patch notes? As rough as I sound this is so ridiculous at this point.

Message 317 of 386 (1,554 Views)

★★ Guide

@EmeraldArcbreon wrote:

How does it take 2-3 months to fix a bug? 

It doesn't.

In four day this bug will be exactly 3 months old, and there are no acceptable excuses left, at this point.

I don't think they're deliberately avoiding to fix the bug, I just think EA doesn't sees the matter as pressing as we do: there are plenty of more lucrative things to take care of first, such as launching new expansions and packs in the market. I'm stressing this point because that's how it started: this bug was triggered by some unfortunate thinkering during the patch that launched University. Every time they push something new in the game, they have to deal with a lot of the "old" going bananas. So, more new launches means more work for the devs to keep the system stable. I believe we already had 2 launches since the surfacing of the bug? And the third is on its way.

I stopped holding my breath quite some time ago.

Message 318 of 386 (1,522 Views)

★ Novice

I'm on PS4 and I'm having the same problem every time, it's frustrating...it's hard to do the aspirations tied in when I can't do all the risky stuff because all that * keeps getting reset and here is no work out great to try to hustle that in in the prep time.

Message 319 of 386 (1,347 Views)

★★ Novice

So I am also having this issue. I am shocked that this was raised 3 months ago and nothing has been done to fix it. Yes, I use mods, but obviously that makes no difference in this situation.

Are they not aware by not doing something about it, it is literally just coming across that they don't care about their player base? 

Message 320 of 386 (1,215 Views)