Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by Lanara2343

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Super irritating that this is still an issue.  I just recently got back into playing The Sims and decided to buy Get Famous.  Basically can't progress any further at this point.  What are you doing, EA?

Message 301 of 386 (1,672 Views)

★ Apprentice

i'm also having this problem which is really annoying because the acting career is my favorite active career

Message 302 of 386 (1,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@chokiioThank you for the information. I only started using it last night and found that I still had to work at the tasks (not complaining at all, just not what I read about this fix), and when I moved my sim to another location, the tasks stayed completed. Has EA fixed the bug already? Or LittleMsSam fixed the fix? Whichever the case is, I was very excited. I shall keep playing and see how it goes.

Sorry that I just realized I misunderstood the fix description, so I still get to work at the tasks initially and they stay done whether I do them or not before travelling.  Well, that works! 

I played again last night and found the fix is as the description stated.  The tasks are done initially when they appear and they stay done.  Well, I can have fun again.  Thank you, LittleMsSam!

@rosaide767 Try the fix by LittleMsSam😊 Google the name and you'll find her page.

[CM edit - Merged back to back posts.]

Message 303 of 386 (1,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem on PS4 (German version), all preparations in acting career are deleted when I travel. 

Message 304 of 386 (1,342 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this issue as well. I hope it gets fixed soon, it makes the acting career not that fun.

Message 305 of 386 (1,301 Views)

Re: prep task

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Hey_SimstersIt might be useful for some but I don't care for it. LittleMsSam's "fix" doesn't even give you the opportunity to do the tasks. I prefer going through the motions of doing them, even if they are reset. Makes it seem less... cheaty that way. Maybe if she reworked it so it auto-completes the tasks only when traveling to the gig... that'd be better.

Message 306 of 386 (1,154 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Hey_Simsters I don't really understand LittleMsSam's workaround. Can you please explain? Standard smile
Message 307 of 386 (1,129 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@shaunaw44 It auto-completes the prep tasks as soon as your sim changes locations. So, when you get a gig, and go on the audition, the prep tasks are automatically completed without you having to do anything. So, with her mod, you don't have to even do the prep tasks at all.

Personally, I like doing the tasks and having them marked as finished. This is a little too "cheaty" for my tastes.
Message 308 of 386 (1,067 Views)

★★ Novice

I can also attest to this issue. However I'm still progressing through the career. Does it just affect your chances at getting gold then, or your pay? I know I've received a gold already in a commercial as it was a requirement for my acting aspiration. I've also been nominated for a reward but i have to wait to see if i get it. This is an upsetting bug but as long as I'm able to complete my aspirations and progress through the career I don't find it game breaking or that the career is "not viable." If it does affect those things though then I say, oh * Maxis, again?

Message 309 of 386 (1,008 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am having this issue too now, I didn't when I first bought the pack and tried the expansion but now it is occurring. Super annoying because my vampire sim has to leave her home lot to find plasma -_-

Message 310 of 386 (887 Views)