Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by Cabelle1863

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I am adding my voice to this as well. I rarely play the GF aspirations or as an actor. My recent Sim already has maxed a majority of skills and completed several aspirations.
My experience with the tasks was the same. The ones requiring certain skill levels showed as completed as soon as the audition was over. Traveling anywhere reset them to appear as not done. I was still able to get the gig and a gold level performance.

I was able to advance in the Actor career and finished both aspirations without the use of mods.
Does it need to be fixed? Yes but you can also overcome it.

EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Edit to add: Game Version 1.61.15.1020 Patch 04Feb20

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 291 of 386 (1,339 Views)

Champion
I played this several times and did not have any problems so far. I also overcame most of the task after traveling (without mods and with) (without cheats and with) The main problem remains and that is: after the task are all finished, during any travel of the sim in question or any other sim, all task progress disappeared.
Although I stated earlier that you can bring items to do the tasks on the set and still receive a gold level performance it can be really hard for inexperienced sims.
Therefor i also grant it a 'me too'.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 292 of 386 (1,323 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm disappointed this is still broken. Even if I have my actor complete all of her tasks at home, as soon as she travels to her work lot, the prep tasks reset. She's always getting messages from her talent agency that they expect better. I don't use mods, so that's not an option for me. It would be really nice to have this fixed.

Message 293 of 386 (1,299 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It’s Feb 22, 2020 and I’m still having this problem too. Are the devs gonna ever fix it?? I can’t ever get gold on gigs bc there isn’t time to redo the tasks after I travel and the gig is underway. It makes the career unplayable. 

Devs? Anyone? Beuller?

Message 294 of 386 (1,263 Views)

Get Famous Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, city living, dine out, bowling, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party, holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a gig and try to complete the tasks leading up to it. It will not be listed as complete after you leave the current lot you are on.
What happens when the bug occurs? When getting a gig, I do all of the recommend things to do to prepare for the gig. I will complete all tasks and it will read "complete". As soon as I leave whatever lot I am on, and a load screen appears, the completed tasks go away and say "Not Started". There is another bug with the Simstagram. I can't get above 24 followers. I will constantly "gain 12 followers" to now have 24 and never more.
What do you expect to see? I expect for my completed tasks to stay completed. I also expect the follower count to actually increase like it is supposed to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When getting a gig, I do all of the recommend things to do to prepare for the gig. I will complete all tasks and it will read "complete". As soon as I leave whatever lot I am on, and a load screen appears, the completed tasks go away and say "Not Started".

T

here is another bug with Simstagram. I can't get above 24 followers. I will constantly "gain 12 followers" to now have 24 and never more.

Message 295 of 386 (1,187 Views)

Re: Get Famous Bug

Hero
@mathbiz Merged your post with exiting thread.

That you get 12 each time is by design but they should add up. Do you still get the message that you gained 12 but it's not going up ?

Best to create a new thread for that if you get a message to get extra twelve but those aren't addded-.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 296 of 386 (1,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's 12 every single time and it never goes past 24. 

Message 297 of 386 (1,180 Views)

Hero
@mathbiz Then please create a separate thread for that for the not going past 24.

The always 12 is by design as posted here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-A-Simstagram-always-gives-12-followers/td-p/7320202/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 298 of 386 (1,173 Views)

Re: prep task

★ Apprentice
@Burt4440 Good news. Little Miss Sam came through with a work around fix! Its under her latest bug fix mod I think. So pleased!
Message 299 of 386 (1,109 Views)

Bug - Sim Prep Tasks Resetting

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure - Keep it updated via Origin
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Toddler Stuff, My First Pet Stuff & Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Career Screen, View Prep tasks.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the Sims Acting career it gives you prep tasks, when you leave your home lot (or another sim in family, leaves the lot but your sim stays home) even to go to work then progress resets even if all were complete. This means that the prep task when you arrive to work for that day are not even started.
What do you expect to see? My Sims progress on prep tasks to remain updated until she goes to work and then reset after work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried restarting the game, saving and returning to the game and it still occurs Frown

Message 300 of 386 (902 Views)