Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by Kactii

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@Psychotps This is so bad it’s not funny. The acting career isn’t even playable at this point. It’s been over a month and they haven’t fixed it.
Message 181 of 386 (1,245 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just bought Get Famous because of the sale only to now learn it's broken and has been for a month. I want a refund. 

Message 182 of 386 (1,235 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@kyberling Well, you can still get famous. That part's not broken. Media production, book authors, paintings, and a few others still gain fame, nominations and awards.

It's only the acting career that's broken. Granted, that's the best part...

{sigh}

I want my acting back!
Message 183 of 386 (1,231 Views)

Re: Prep Tasks Broken in 12/12/19 patch

★★★★ Novice
I'm having the exact same issue. Any plans to fix this??
Message 184 of 386 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Novice

But I essentially bought a broken product, without knowing the main career of the expansion is bugged. You can imagine my frustration. I contacted CS and apparently I'm SOL. It's a DLC and there's nothing to be done. Great stuff EA

Message 185 of 386 (1,201 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@kyberling wrote:

I contacted CS and apparently I'm SOL. It's a DLC and there's nothing to be done. Great stuff EA

I agree with you, the whole expansion revolves around the acting career, with it being broken we should be entitled to a refund. But there's no refunds for DLCs? So for all we know everything they launch into the game in the form of Expansions and Stuff Packs can be broken and not work, and we don't get out money back even though we payed for those? Good to know. 

Tbh what troubles me the most is the lack of urgency this gets, you see new content being released (which gets them profit) and no feedback about a major bug that's been here for more than a month. I wonder if there's even one person in EA's team focused on this bug, or if it's just a low priority task that no one even looked into yet.

An ETA would be ... nice at this point.

Message 186 of 386 (1,146 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Psicose_6 Lol. If you demanded a refund for every pack that has bugs, you wouldn't have a game left.
Message 187 of 386 (1,106 Views)

★★ Guide

@kyberling wrote:

But I essentially bought a broken product

I agree with this.

It's true the you can still play with the expansion (the fame, the accolades, etc.), but the acting career is more than just an isolated element in the pack: it's a gear in the fame system. Sure you can become famous while working in any other field, but acting is designed to be the ideal way to gain fame, money, and to fulfill certain aspirations. When it works as it should,  that is.

This is a major bug that penalise the whole pack. 

But for a second, let's just pretend it isn't.

Let's pretend is just one of this pesky, minor bugs that pops out every now and then. I still wouldn't call this expansion a product ready to be launch in the market, i wouldn't even call it a beta: celebs reacting in disgust to their own family members (even their kids), reactions of hysteria from close friends and again, family. DJs leaving their posts every time a celeb starts dancing, no option in build mode for a "privacy" gate, (EA guys in case you're reading this, do you think Eminem can't have a dinner with friends in his own patio without having paparazzi chasing his arse? In HIS OWN PROPERTY? Because that's what my sims have to deal with every time they have people over), Accolades' hosts that won't leave the mic so the celebs can accept the award.

And these are just few things that first comes to mind, the whole she-bang is ridden with crap. Old crap at that, reported by users for ages, never fixed. They're charging full price for this, except during sales, and now we know their CS policy is "NOPE".

So yeah, we all bought a broken product. A product that - as it happens - have been, well...particularly broken, during the past month. 

Message 188 of 386 (1,074 Views)

★ Novice

I too have problems with this.. I try to make my tasks while at the acting job, but there isn't always time for it. It really does suck, because it basically means, that you can't use the career at all - and it needs to be fixed asap..

Message 189 of 386 (1,057 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, I just wanted to come here and mention that this is still happening after the recent update. I just tested it early this morning.

Message 190 of 386 (1,011 Views)