Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by Psicose_6

Original Post

Re: prep task

★ Apprentice
@Burt4440 I thought as much, but figured that if anyone can fix it she can. It made me think she might be able to given that EA have said they have fixed it, and clearly they haven't, but maybe there is something there that she can work with now, she fixes bugs so much quicker than them! 😂
Message 171 of 386 (1,141 Views)

★★ Novice
@Psychotps As of January 24, 2020 I am still having this issue...
Message 172 of 386 (1,010 Views)

★★ Novice

January 25, still having the issue. It wastes time between audition and gig time, which makes prepping absolutely useless. Without working on those prep tasks, you can never receive gold, but if you work on the prep tasks at the acting lot, you risk running out of time for the actual performance. Very disappointing, hopefully they come out with an update soon.

Message 173 of 386 (923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi.. Also here to tell you that I also got this problem. And the stage marks for some acting scenes won't work either. (25 January)

Message 174 of 386 (877 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue and it's really frustrating.  I tried fixing all the expansion packs I've got on Origin and still the issue remains...

Message 175 of 386 (872 Views)

★★ Guide

Am I going completely bananas over here or did they indeed launched another update? I can't tell for sure because for reasons unknown Origin started acting up on me yesterday, I had to delete everything and reinstall the whole shebang back again (crap happens). When I finally launched the game to see if everything was back to normal it asked to be updated, which I did, but I didn't have the chance to actually play (after the whole ordeal with Origin it was getting late).

I can't see how one thing may be connected with the other, but I don't see anyone talking about this new update either, and from what I'm reading in this thread nothing has changed since the 01/16 patch. Am I dreaming things now? 

Message 176 of 386 (837 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue. It blows my mind that this has been going on for over a month and EA still has done nothing about it. I shouldn’t really be surprised at this moment. I’m not going to play until it’s fixed. It’s been way to frustrating to deal with for this long.

Message 177 of 386 (812 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@YuleNorwood wrote:

Am I going completely bananas over here or did they indeed launched another update?

Probably that had something to do with Origin acting up on you, cause I launched my game just now and the version is still the same as of the latest patch of January 16.

So unfortunately there's no changes whatsoever, major bug still ingame, more than a month has passed, aprox. 500 Me too on the first report, one patch launched one month after the bug started that ignored it, 18 pages of almost 200 posts with only 1 of these posts being from EA official source (exactly after I complained that they had said absolutely nothing - glad to know they read this though).
And here we are.

Message 178 of 386 (791 Views)

★★ Guide

@Psicose_6 wrote:
So unfortunately there's no changes whatsoever, major bug still ingame

Weeeeell, colour me cross. As I've been for quite a while now, so no breaking news from this front. To be fair this bug started mid-December so I've figured nobody was going to take care of this during Christmas Winterfest. Bit naive to think otherwise,  really. But i had high hopes for the 01/16 patch. And now this, i dared myself to hope. How silly of me. Maybe the EA guys will be pleased to know that my actor sim has now a teen kid who wishes to follows his dad steps, this bug is officially generational now. Well done you!

Message 179 of 386 (752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Jan 25...I have this problem too. Super annoying that it's been around for over a month with no fix. This is ridiculous, EA.

Message 180 of 386 (737 Views)