Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by marieallison90

Original Post

prep task

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? famous , get to work , season , valii , parenthood , dine out , spa moschino , laundry , toddler , kids , movie , cool kitchen 2 free stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? prep tasks : When I complete all the tasks, and I go to another area or to the studio, all the tasks go to "not started"
What happens when the bug occurs? When I complete all the tasks, and I go to another area or to the studio, all the tasks go to "not started"
What do you expect to see? a completed task !
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the only thing i did change is i add 2 saves game again from my backup files back to the Electronic Arts files , and one of the saves didn't show up on the game when i lunched it , then the problem happened so i deleted them

When I complete all the tasks, and I go to another area or to the studio, all the tasks go to "not started"

Message 161 of 386 (1,482 Views)

Champion
@tayashwal no, they never give info on when or if they are releasing a fix. You usually have to wait and see if it appears in a future update. There's been update patches every month, but not always.

Depends on whether they can fix the issue by finding the cause, test it so that it doesn't break even more stuff, and roll it out at the same time they're patching for stuff (e.g. a new pack or free content release).

You get better results when it's a major bug like this one with hundreds of people replying here and clicking the Me Too button on the first post.
Message 162 of 386 (1,513 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m still having this issue even after installing the new patch released on the 16/20. Tested on a save with no mods or cc and the issue remains. Travel to new location = no progress on prep tasks. 

Message 163 of 386 (1,423 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ambersleem They did not fix the problem with this patch!!!!!!!!
Message 164 of 386 (1,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I understand a major bug like this probably takes a lot of work to fix but I'm so disappointed they put out another patch without fixing this Frown I made my first actress sim right after the career breaking patch and I was super excited because I haven't messed around too much yet with a Sim where wanting to be a celebrity and famous actress was their main thing. Then I ran into this gem of a bug. The only work around I've found so far is basically to cheat. I put testingcheats on and teleport around the lot so I have enough time to do my prep tasks and my work day tasks before the end of the workday tasks. I'm getting really sick of having to do the work around though. I keep thinking about giving up and changing her career or changing to another sim but I was so excited for this :/
Message 165 of 386 (1,276 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@marieallison90 I'm having this same issue. So annoying
Message 166 of 386 (1,200 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★★ Novice

A few days ago in the start of my acting career on a new sim, I had no issues. after she got a few promotions I am now having this issue and it is making it difficult to max career >.< and now I have moved in another acting sim who is at acting career 2 and is also having these issues. I think it broke again after the last patch/update ??? :<

Message 167 of 386 (1,144 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★ Novice
@Qzthye I'm also having this exact same issue!
Message 168 of 386 (1,131 Views)

Re: prep task

★ Apprentice
@jainx96 I am having this issue too, I wasn't having it until the latest patch. If anyone finds a fix, let me know please. I am going to ask Little Miss Sam if she can fix it! :D
Message 169 of 386 (1,055 Views)

Re: prep task

★★★★ Apprentice
@Hey_Simsters I am guessing this is EA problem or Little Miss Sam would have mod out by now.
Message 170 of 386 (923 Views)