Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by Psicose_6

Original Post

Hero
@TheOneMackerman The patch notes referred to a different bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 141 of 386 (1,602 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So, you're saying there was finally a patch - a month after this huge bug has been reported - and they still didn't fix it??
This is just... unbelievable.
And the audacity of reporting they adressed other bugs in the acting career in that jolly mood (if you read the patch notes), when we know it's unplayable. And the whole expansion revolves around that career. Content we payed for.

When can we expect the next patch? Another month? Worse than that?

I'm extremely disappointed in EA, furious even.

Message 142 of 386 (1,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Psicose_6 wrote:

I'm extremely disappointed in EA, furious even.

This is a disgrace, you're absolutely right. I just read the patch notes and I'm at an inch from spontaneously combust. Sadly enough I'm kinda used to long waits for bugs' patching, but that cheerful tone they used in the notes managed to enrage me even more than the missed fix. What the hell did they fixed those other bugs for the actors, if the career is still unplayable? They're officially taking the mick at this point. 

Message 143 of 386 (1,525 Views)

★★★ Guide

I saw that last Friday (Jan 10th) SimGuruNick posted that they are aware of this bug, that he was able to replicate it, and they are working on fixing it. I'm assuming nothing was in today's patch notes about it because they only talk about things that have been fixed. At least hearing from an employee (finally) makes me feel a little better, and I'm hoping that they'll treat this like they did the toddler needs decaying rapidly, where they did an emergency patch.

Message 144 of 386 (1,482 Views)

★★ Guide

I want to join this chorus. I read the patch notes, fired up my actor, got my next gig, completed all my at home tasks, went to the set, and was like WTF? So, yah, the notes do not make very clear to (some? all? most?) of us that they didn't fix the patch we actually really care about...you know, the one that makes an entire career nearly unplayable.

Message 145 of 386 (1,442 Views)

★★ Novice

When I saw they mentioned they fixed it in the new update, I went to see if it worked out and it didn't. I thought I was the only one experiencing the issue because they mentioned it was fixed... Kind of glad that I'm not the only person with the issue now, but upset that this hasn't been fixed either.

I get that solving issues like this is hard and it takes time but it's been an issue for quite some time. If we can get an update soon for this, it'd be nice!

I was hoping to enjoy the Get Famous pack...

Message 146 of 386 (1,361 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I suffer from this bug as well. This leads to the consequence that my sims cannot finish the aspiration of becoming a great actor. 

Very sad to see that EA didn't fix it this month. How can they ignore this when acting is so important for the whole pack.

Message 147 of 386 (1,207 Views)

★★ Novice
@Psychotps they havent fixed this problem yet
Message 148 of 386 (1,128 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@vadish3825 Emergency patch would be much appreciated. I really hope it's an option. I bought Get Famous over the holidays only to discover this bug. Had to put that entire game on hold and have been waiting eagerly for this patch. 🙄 Honestly, I get that they have a lot of competing priorities, but this one should definitely skip the line.
Message 149 of 386 (1,097 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@apincas wouldn't be so bad except they caused the problem in the first place. Makes me want to give up the bugs get keep getting worse and it seems all they want to do is keep shoving new content out.
Message 150 of 386 (1,070 Views)