Re: Prep Tasks reset after traveling.

by Meergedanken

Original Post

Hero
@playervbbmtqrw Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 101 of 386 (1,749 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same problem also in the German version. This is really frustrating. I'm also one of those who bought the game just recently and I was really looking forward to play, now it's no fun at all. Yes, it was 50% off, but even then we're paying for the game - and we're paying for a functioning one and not one full of bugs. I really hope EA will fix this ASAP.

Message 102 of 386 (1,701 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★ Novice

@jayk1406 wrote:

Ooh definitely saw this bug and it's quite nasty. Traveled to three different lots, to solve it, every single time it gets reset. I don't know if "send alone" with all the prep work tasks completed would yield better results but I hope that would be the workaround for now. Such a shame, actor career is really fun.

Sending them alone will net you work experience, but i dont think you can get nominated for awards if you do this

Message 103 of 386 (1,665 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same issue. I have the latest game patch, tried without mods, and have my sim complete the to-do tasks but then when they return home or go to another lot the tasks show up as not even started...I haven't played a lot with the actor career since get famous came out, so I don't know if it's something that's broken in the game or what it is.

Message 104 of 386 (1,626 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with the acting career. I have repaired the game twice because of another issue, I can't click on a small part of the middle part of the far right hand side. For example, I can't load previous games. The repair didn't fix the acting career nor the other issue.

Does EA actually read these posts? 

Message 105 of 386 (1,556 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So over 300 people here alone report this problem and still no fix. Damn university really * up my game. Now I have a household with an actress who can't finish goals and a sim. Who moved out her dorm before the graduation ceremony because she had a baby and she's stuck no way to get a job or finish university and that too has been reported a lot and not fixed 

Message 106 of 386 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

First time replying to one of these, apologies if I’m doing it in the wrong place or whatnot, but has anyone actually figured out what is causing this? Sure, EA might not have fixed it, but does anyone have any idea if it’s just a base game bug, or if it’s an expansion/game pack problem? I saw someone say University screwed up theirs, and if that’s the case, I’ll gladly disable my University pack until EA decides to fix this.

Message 107 of 386 (1,396 Views)

Hero
@abc2Oa4ichbjK2 This particular issue affects the actor career only. If you don't play with an actor, you won't have the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 108 of 386 (1,393 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a Finnish version and this same problem. Soo frustrating. When they're going to fix this?

Message 109 of 386 (1,319 Views)

[GF] Get Famous - Acting Job Prep Tasks won't stay completed when travelling

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.59.73.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? [GF] Get Famous In the actor career, pass an audition. The 'Prep Tasks' will then show that should be completed before the working day. Complete these tasks (eg. Develop Acting/Fitness/Charisma skill, etc) until the Yellow Tick shows up. Then travel to any other lot, and the Completed/Yellow Tick will disappear. This happens no matter what lot you travel to, even the acting work filming studio.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the actor career, pass an audition. The 'Prep Tasks' will then show that should be completed before the working day. Complete these tasks (eg. Develop Acting/Fitness/Charisma skill, etc) until the Yellow Tick shows up. Then travel to any other lot, and the Completed/Yellow Tick will disappear. This happens no matter what lot you travel to, even the acting work filming studio.
What do you expect to see? The Completed/Yellow Tick in the work 'Prep Tasks' to remain completed until the acting gig is completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 110 of 386 (1,194 Views)