Re: Actor career (Get Famous) - Where is the Director??

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Actor: Essential Role Sim missing on lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION PACKS: Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get To Work GAME PACKS: Outdoor Retreat STUFF PACKS: Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This just happens at random when I'm in a Gig (Get Famous), in the acting career.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have my makeup, hair, and costume done, but I can't start the performance, because the director isn't even anywhere in the area for me to say 'ready to perform,' so aggravating!
What do you expect to see? When you're at a gig, the director should always be in the area, either sitting in his/her chair, or standing close by.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't ever use any mods, because they can bring a lot of problems to this game, but, as for custom content, yes, I did recently get this Get Famous expansion pack. This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's soo annoying, because, when the director is not even anywhere in the area, I can't do the interaction 'ready to perform,' so I have to cancel the gig, and go back to auditioning, which wastes at least 4 sim days (2 from trying to find the an open audition for the same gig again, and 2 more to get back to the actual gig, after the audition. And it's annoying that the agency I was representing then berates me for not performing well, when it was the director's mistake for not being there....). What makes it even worse is that, even after I wait for hours, the director still never shows up Frown

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag, Adjusted title

Message 1 of 19 (11,183 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: GET FAMOUS: Makeup Artist MIA and Cant Click on Anything

Hero

NPCs from the Actor Career sometimes would never show on Set, making gigs impossible to complete. We've spoken with their union reps and everyone has agreed to stop this ridiculous strike. What were they striking about? Was there even a Strike? We may never know.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (9,998 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero
@PrplGrl3 The GF pack isn't custom content. That's a DLC. Do you have anything third party added to your game that's not from EA ?

Did you check if the director is maybe stuck outside somewhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (11,140 Views)

Hero
@PrplGrl3 Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 19 (11,101 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ooops, sorry that it took me so long to reply! No, I didn't add anything, and couldn't find the director standing around anywhere, so the only thing I could do was just cancel the gig, and start a new one again. Annoying, but at least I know now that it doesn't happen every time; the director was there the next time I did another gig.

Message 4 of 19 (11,073 Views)

Hero
@PrplGrl3 Could you edit your first post then and change the mod use to no ?

Was it a one time thing or how often are you missing the director ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (11,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Ok, just changed it to no. This isn't the first time it's happened, and it happens at random, but it doesn't happen as much - by the time I reached level 10 in the acting career (after doing a LOT of gigs), it only happened about 2 or 3 times. Still annoying when it happens, though.

Message 6 of 19 (11,026 Views)

Hero
@PrplGrl3 Marking this as needs input to see if anyone else has this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (11,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I'm having the same problem. No custom content or mods ever. I'm playing on Mac. The director isn't stuck outside or anywhere on the lots - my Sim has their hair and makeup done, practices acting and then the director is nowhere to be found. Cheers. 

Message 8 of 19 (10,943 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Actor: No Director on Set

★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too. I don't have cc and mods. My sim is at level 10 in acting career. First of all she couldn't fullfil any of her prep tasks (other thread issue), then when she showed up on set there were no director. I believe it's happening due to the latest patch, I've never experienced this problem before. I own Get famous since it came out.

Message 9 of 19 (10,872 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Actor: No Director on Set

★★★ Novice

I am not using any mods or cc and playing on windows 10. Director didn't show up for my level 10 actor and inviting her to the set didnt work. Also... Wheres the thread to report that all of her acting prep rasks reset everytime she changes lots? That's a serious problem.  

Message 10 of 19 (10,468 Views)