Re: Get Famous - unable to go to gig.

by celiboy77

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

★★★ Novice

haha it was 100% user error. Just ID10T me and i'll place the dunce cap on and go back to my dark corner. I had been trying to complete a gig for so long I mis-read the day. When I woke up and tried again this morning everything was just fine.Helps if one can read the difference between Saturday and Sunday

Message 651 of 666 (2,739 Views)

Get Famous - unable to go to gig.

★ Apprentice

I know this is a known issue, but do we have an ETA when this is going to be fixed? 

It's such a hassle not being able to go to your gig.  I would very much love to reach level 10 of the actor career but due to the glitch, I can't even make it to the gig.

It always end up getting the gig stuck. 

Message 652 of 666 (2,756 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Marloooow1 

Look if it is fixed by tomorrows patch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 653 of 666 (2,744 Views)

★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen Hopefully it will. I’ll let you guys know.
Message 654 of 666 (2,724 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice
@Marloooow1 nope its not fixed yet and no patch was released either.
Message 655 of 666 (2,626 Views)

★ Guide

don't patches come during the day usually? it's merely midnight on the westcoast

Message 656 of 666 (2,609 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

The latest word is that the update has been delayed until tomorrow, June 3. I wouldn't expect it to be released before 9am PDT at the earliest, and won't be surprised if it's an hour or two after that. (9am PDT is 12 noon EDT and 1600 GMT)

Message 657 of 666 (2,569 Views)

Hero

Fixed the issue with the Actor Career where Sims were unable to complete their gig when they would travel and return home before it was time for the gig.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.13

Haven't tested yet .. hope it's actually fixed 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 658 of 666 (34,806 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Looks good on a quick test. I loaded one of my actresses and booked a gig on Saturday. She has the Established Name perk, so she doesn't do auditions. Used the M key several times. On Sunday, I sent her from Ohan'ali Town in Sulani to Studio PBP in Del Sol Valley for the Starlight Awards (she got one). Her gig was scheduled for 9 am on Tuesday, she got her one hour warning at 8 am and went to the gig at 9. I also checked her prep tasks which she finished on Saturday. They stayed completed when she went to Studio PBP, when she came home, and when she went to the gig.

I didn't check with CAS or reloading a save but I expect they have been fixed as well.

Message 659 of 666 (2,401 Views)

★★★ Novice

i removed mods and cleared caches made a new save and tested the acting career. sim was able to go to first audition and failed it, when sim returned home was unable to book a new gig, the window popped up and one was selected but it did not show up in the career panel. 

Message 660 of 666 (2,375 Views)