Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

by LGXPhantom

Original Post

Re: Sims won't go to acting gigs

★ Apprentice

IT IS NOT limited to the PC

I'm on Xbox & there are times when THE VERY FIRST THING I SEE UPON STARTING TO PLAY THE GAME is my sim AT HOME when in fact they're supposed at a gig.  The result, the sim misses work & has to take the day off, check for new gigs & go from there

MIND YOU - This is ONLY if your GF sim is lumped in a game with one or more other sims who have ordinary lives

MY SOLUTION - MAKE EACH & EVERY GF SIM ** THEIR OWN ** GAME AS A PLAYED HOUSEHOLD !!  You can always keep their friends in the game as unplayed households to avoid sadness & such BUT the GF sim MUST be in THEIR OWN game as a PLAYED household

This way, ALL of your focus is on that sim & NO time is lost

Hope this helps :D

@38140316 wrote:

Both of my sims have began to stop going to any of their acting gigs. They don't need to audition so they already get the gigs. There's no notification of work starting in an hour and time goes as normal as if they didn't have a gig at all. I use mods but when I played without them, they still won't go to their gigs.

Message 641 of 666 (1,033 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to acting gigs

★ Apprentice

This keeps happening to me too. At first I thought it was travelling... that does seem to happen but two things have happened now. 

1. When you gather a club gathering after you have scheduled an audition (and the club gathers not at your home.) He does go to the audition and come back. Then when he went home he was fine and went to his gig no problem. BUT

2. I just did one trial of auditioning and getting the job while not leaving the home at all. One trial it worked, the other it didn't.

Please fix. 

Message 642 of 666 (991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Haven't seen it posted here, but (''Yipseee !'') i did find this little mod created by a guy (savior) named Chris.

[removed]

I haven't been playing with my fam since this bug started, went to Sunset Valley, but i miss my Sims 4 fam.
I did test this mod real quick, and it worked ! My girl went to the studio !

[CM edit - Please don't directly link to mods. Thanks!]

Message 643 of 666 (894 Views)

12:00PM Jobs in Actor/Actress never happens. Impossible to go work at 12:00PM

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? dont know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous and Nature camping
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? find a job in category of Get Famous, get a job from being actor and get Gigs after joining audition
What happens when the bug occurs? Job never comes
What do you expect to see? Job must be available on 12:00 PM
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

whenever we join career as an actor, i got the job and i passed the audition, and if the job time is 12:00PM, it never comes. I cancelled my job so many times and whenever job time comes as 12:00PM, in 12:00PM no notification or option to go work. Please fix 12:00PM issue

Message 644 of 666 (865 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

It works for me! Thank You.

Message 645 of 666 (857 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Later i saw that this modfix was posted here. 
Glad that you found it. 

This guy did a great job. At least people like us are able to continue to play with their fave Sims.

I will post the link again, so it won't get buried again.

[removed]

[CM edit - Please don't directly link to mods. Thanks!]

Message 646 of 666 (806 Views)

★ Novice

Ive donwloaded the script. How to install it or where to copy it ?

Message 647 of 666 (789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@abidinberkay You place the downloaded file into your Mods folder, you can either drag the file, or copy and paste it into your Mods folder Standard smile You want to make sure it's no more than 1 subfolder deep.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/mods-cc.php

Message 648 of 666 (702 Views)

★★★ Novice

Using the mod-fix: 

I successfully went to one gig. Signed up for another , still never leaving the house and even though I got the 1 hour time for work warning the notification to go to work never happened.Rather frustrating since I just decided to play through the acting career (never have) and the related aspiration. Sigh. Guess it's back to a good ol' entertainer Frown 

Message 649 of 666 (631 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Kadrian33 That's so weird that it didn't work for you. Do you have script mods enabled? If you want you can contact the creator of the mod @Bra1nBlast3d and see if he would be able to figure out why it didn't work properly. I think you can message him via his tumblr page called "Mods by TheFreshSims".

Message 650 of 666 (590 Views)