Re: My Sim won't go to work

by Sketch793

Original Post

★ Guide

I had the same problem with my teenage sims going to the acting club. I had to watch for the time they needed to leave. slow down to the slowest speed, stand them in front of the front door and then if they wouldn't trigger to go, reset them using testing cheats on, then shift clicking on the sim and clicking go to work. That usually worked after a couple times. I mean, it's definitely not ideal but it stopped them from missing it entirely. 

Message 611 of 666 (864 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict is it the same as my sims join the military force? at first time after graduating there is pop up showing join or send alone, now my sims only go to work without pop up saying join or send alone.
Message 612 of 666 (766 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

Hero
@mohammadali118 No, not the same issue. Please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 613 of 666 (738 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did anyone say this issue happens not only when you travel before you have a gig but ANY loading screen. I just had the issue when I did modify in CAS. 

Message 614 of 666 (704 Views)

Sim won't go to an acting gig. - Get Famous

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get Famous Sim won't go to an acting gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? In Get Famous my sim won't go to work if traveled between an audition and gig.
What do you expect to see? Nothing happens. An hour before my sim would get a notification that work starts in an hour. Work doesn't start in an hour and when the time comes nothing happens.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Subject: Sim won't go to an acting gig. 

In Get Famous my sim won't go to work if traveled between an audition and gig.

Nothing happens. An hour before my sim would get a notification that work starts in an hour. Work doesn't start in an hour and when the time comes nothing happens.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and even removed all of my mods. 

I believe this needs an update. The workaround is super annoying and should not be like this. 

Message 615 of 666 (617 Views)

Re: My sim won't go to acting gig

★★★★★ Novice

The work around still doesn't work for me.  Any other suggestions?

Message 616 of 666 (673 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

★★★★★ Novice

Seriously,, I just bought it but want a refund.  I am so frustrated.

Message 617 of 666 (668 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry for the multiple posts, getting the hang of this.  I get notifications for other actors gigs not in my household but not for my own household...

Message 618 of 666 (654 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@tdnpo134 Yes, if you read the workaround you'll see that CAS is specifically mentioned. The workaround is right under the first post.

Step 4 says: Do not travel, Go to CAS, the Map, Household Manager or reload the save game until you get the pop-up to go to work. No Loading screens allowed between the audition and the gig.
Message 619 of 666 (606 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok sorry im new to the site and i was trying to understand so i was jumping around a lot. And i thought i saw a lot of posts emphasizing more so traveling only

Message 620 of 666 (558 Views)