Re: Get Famous gigs don't work since patch

by kayrae32

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Get Famous gigs don't work since patch

★★★★★ Novice

Nope no solution and a few days ago the game crashed completely causing me to start a new game all together. The game is REALLY glitchy.

Message 601 of 666 (1,255 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

★★★★ Novice

This is still an issue??? I’m playing on my Xbox and ran into this issue. Jumping on my phone to investigate the issue revealed that this has been an problem for over a year now? What the heck! 

So I’ve tried all the suggestions and am quite fed up at this point. New packs and releases soon? No thanks! Not going to buy anything else Sims related until this issue that smells rankly like a famous EA profit maneuver get addressed. #FameLame

Message 602 of 666 (1,237 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

The first report was on April 7. That's only 38 days ago, not even close to a year. I don't know what issue you found on your phone but it wasn't this one.

Message 603 of 666 (1,181 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No, this issue hasn't been around for a year, but it is the third issue I've had in a year that rendered the game unplayable. It has gotten to where I spent more time waiting for bugs to be worked out than I had time I could play the game. So I gave up on your brand. Now I just check out the forum when someone gives me points for my replies because I am honestly getting more amusement laughing at your incompetence than I did from your game.

Message 604 of 666 (1,047 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well. No acting gigs for my Sims. This is my favorite EP so please fix. Problem began after latest ppatch.

Message 605 of 666 (902 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I cannot play the acting career since december if I remember correctly. There was another bug before this one and it took several months to be solved. Then EA created this new bug while solving the previous one. So, yes it has been half a year, not a whole year. Still, I think we have every right to complain because a whole career path is broke and EA is the only responsible. This is extremely unprofessional.I have never seen a bug that takes this long to solve in any other game. 

Message 606 of 666 (866 Views)

Actor / actress does not go to his / her gig

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Discover University, all game packs except StrangerVille, Laundry Day Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the acting career.
What happens when the bug occurs? In my case, my actress goes to the audition. She passes the audition, but then she does not go to the gig.
What do you expect to see? The actress should go to the gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So my mermaid got into the acting career. She passes the audition, but then she does not go to the gig.

I already changed the agency, I deleted the cache files, she quitted the actress career and rejoined it, but nothing happens.

If the time for the gig comes up, she simply does not go to the gig, as if she did not pass the audition, despite the gig even appears in the household calendar.

Message 607 of 666 (850 Views)

My Sim won't go to work

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Become an Actor and then get a gig and go to the audition. Then from there own I don't know what I did. Some times the 1 hour before work won't pop up and then my sim does not go to the actual gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1 hour before work notification does not pop up and then my sims do not go to work
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to go to the gig but they won't if I don't get the notification for 1 hour before work. If I see that then my sim goes to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The notification sometimes will be there before the gig but when it never appears my sims do not go to the gig. 

Message 608 of 666 (822 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have not been able to go to a single gig. This is incredibly disappointing. I spent a lot of money on this. What a waste. 

Message 609 of 666 (799 Views)

Re: My Sim won't go to work

★ Novice

I am having the same problem but on the Xbox one

Message 610 of 666 (783 Views)