Re: Sims 4 Get Famous - not going to work!

by whalescrazy

Original Post

Bug Sims 4 University & Actor career

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Saisons, City Living and University Life.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Well, I always start my game by going to the University and then when it finishes I search for a career and it bugs all the time. (Actor career). When I schedule scenes the message saying “Participate” doesn’t appear.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim don’t work.
What do you expect to see? The “Participate” message so my game can continue...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Does someone have the same bug as me? 

Message 511 of 666 (1,039 Views)

Re: Acting Career - Sim cant go to gigs

★★★★ Expert
@Ayamjago56 The acting gig bug is definitely a problem, however the rest of the issues you are having are not. If you are having other problems please create a new case for each.
Message 512 of 666 (1,268 Views)

Re: Bug Sims 4 University & Actor career

Hero
@Tilleut Thread for the acting issue is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/td-p/8...

as for the other issue, can you explain what you mean by it bugs out when you search for a career ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 513 of 666 (1,191 Views)

Sims 4 Get Famous - not going to work!

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date on 29/04/20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In game get famous pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim is able to go to auditions and arrange work but when the time comes to work they do not go. They do not get a pre warning pop up for 1 hour till work. Then they I do not get a pop up which normally says "Sim is going to work would you like to join them?". Sims do not go to work at all.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to go to work with them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After previous update about three weeks ago!

There is an issue with the get famous expansion pack where the sim no longer goes to work and I do not get a pop up asking if i would like to join them at work. 

This has been going on for three weeks and was expecting this to be fixed fairly quickly after as I have been other players raise concerns on this platform. 

After speaking to an employee of EA they have asked to post on here while they pass on my concerns to the developers.

I hope this is fixed soon as it is my favorite part of the pack. 

Message 514 of 666 (1,208 Views)

Problem with actor career in sims 4 get famous

★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, City living, cats & dogs, seasons, get famous, discover university, outdoor retreat, dine out, realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim and choose actor career, do the audition and wait for the gig
What happens when the bug occurs? No reminder of the gig and the simmer doesnt go to the gig
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a reminder for the gig one hour before, and an option to send my sim alone to th gig or to follow my sim
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim can go to the audition and the audition is succeeded, but theres no 1 hour reminder for the gig and my sim doesnt go to the gig

Message 515 of 666 (1,226 Views)

Re: Problem with actor career in sims 4 get famous

Message 516 of 666 (1,197 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Get Famous - not going to work!

★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same issue and its very frustrating and I wish it would get fixed 

Message 517 of 666 (1,195 Views)

Re: Get Famous actor

★★★★ Expert

@Anoutik   You can read this bug report, and see the workaround in the solution post. If it matches your issue, click Me Too on the first post, and describe your issue in the thread.

Message 518 of 666 (1,154 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Ayamjago56 You are right, they do release patches in about that amount of time. I'm thinking the same thing too because their working from home has got to make things far more difficult. I'm also afraid of what will break next when they do fix this lol

Message 519 of 666 (1,201 Views)

Sims 4 Acting Career

★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get together, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Acting Career Gigs
What happens when the bug occurs? After Auditions, gig shows that it is supposed to take place but my sim never ends up going but doesn't get fired or any sort of repercussion for not being at the gig, it just continues to say a day of the week and time.
What do you expect to see? After the auditions, when it is time for the gig, my sims be able to go to the gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Hey,

So in the acting career, I'm having an issue where my sim auditions, they get the role, but never ends up at the gig.  When this happens, no negative reprecussions occur, it just continues to say what day of the week and what time.

Message 520 of 666 (1,203 Views)