Re: Get Famous gigs don't work since patch

by Kenzy01011

Original Post

Acting Career - Sim cant go to gigs

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, realm of magic, StrangerVille, Parenthood, Vampires, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get the acting career, go to an audition, pass the audition
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim can never go to the gig, she passes the audition but the gig day and time don't send her to the gig.
What do you expect to see? My sim at the time of the gig go to the audition
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The gig will stay there forever, until I cancel the gig. Please help me.

Message 501 of 666 (864 Views)

Re: Acting Career - Sim cant go to gigs

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I’m being patient with the developers fixing this issue, but it would be nice to hear them at least acknowledge their working on fixing it. Anyone have any details about when this is going to be patched?

Message 502 of 666 (1,095 Views)

Re: Actors won't go to Gigs

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Only it happens constantly, when my sims are home they won't go to their gigs either. So it's not only when they are at an other location. They did go to their auditions but won't go to their gigs. It's happening for a month now and I've tried everything... 

Message 503 of 666 (1,077 Views)

Re: Actors won't go to Gigs

★★ Apprentice
@Charliekeuh Exactly, the fix of not leaving your home lot until the gig doesn’t work for me. It’s 100% unplayable for me on console
Message 504 of 666 (1,066 Views)

Re: Get Famous gigs don't work since patch

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, I hope they are working on a bug fix update.

Message 505 of 666 (1,040 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

★★★ Guide

@SullyWis Unfortunately EA doesn't give out info on how long it will be before a bug is fixed. If I remember correctly, I think one of the Gurus acknowledged on Twitter that he is aware of this bug and they are working to fix it, but that had to have been at least a month ago now, possibly more. This issue is #1 right now, so I would imagine they have to be aware of it. You are absolutely right though, a simple response would put a lot of nerves to rest.

Message 506 of 666 (992 Views)

Get Famous Acting Gigs don't work?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, all game except Realm of Magic and Strangerville, and all stuff packs except Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Spooky day, and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pass an audition and play until the time of the gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no popup that the gig is in an hour, and no option to leave when the time comes.
What do you expect to see? I'm not exactly sure, as this is my first time *attempting* to play this expansion, but I'm assuming a Get-to-Work-esque popup to either join or send alone should pop up?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm really confused as to why this would be happening... I tested on a new sim with no mods in the game at all, with the same agency and on the same lot, and the gig worked as usual.   Then, I tried that new household, this time with mods enabled, and it worked again.  Then, with renewed hope, I decided to try the gig for a third time on the broken household, and it still didn't work.  (I tried the first gig, and it didn't work, then the same gig another time and it didn't work, and now this third, different gig and that didn't work either)  Please let me know if there is something I can do to fix this!  Maybe it's because she started at level 8 of the career and maybe this career isn't compatible with that or something?

PS: I googled this glitch the first time it happened and it said something about switching households since I booked the gig, which I had done the first time, so I thought that was the issue.  However, the second and third times, I have only been playing this household.

Message 507 of 666 (982 Views)

Re: Acting Career - Sim cant go to gigs

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SullyWis Your sims are not only require to stay at home but they also cant access CAS, manage worlds, save game and even build/buy mode. No loading screen should appear in your game before the gig. I tried this on console and works for me but it just annoys the crap out of me.

Message 508 of 666 (960 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

★★★★★ Apprentice

@vadish3825 From what I observed, EA usually release its new patches every 2 months. So Im assuming that the fix could be done on June. However, due to this covid situation, I'm just worried that they might be releasing it in a longer period. 

Message 509 of 666 (954 Views)

Get Famous actor

★★ Novice

Hello. I got SIMS 4 Get Famous. And after realized that Actor carrer is not working. So my sim not travel to place where is his work. I saw many topics here, I did also some actions like a back up and create new folder in Documents. All the same. Today I deleted all the game with many expansion that I have and install again. And AGAIN my sim not traveling to his work. So what Can I do? Maybe is good to give me money back and I wll buy another pack? Dissapointed. 

Message 510 of 666 (825 Views)