Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

by Bra1nBlast3d

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
@kiarrraaxo It’s especially annoying because EA has no communication with it’s consumers and there is no easy way to contact them where they get back to you quickly
Message 391 of 666 (4,368 Views)

The Sims 4: Get Famous--Sim not going to work.

★ Novice

I downloaded The Sims 4: Get Famous expansion pack a few days ago. With the actress career, my sim can go to auditions (and passes them) but then can't go to the gig. It doesn't say "You sim has to go to work in an hour" like it does for every other career path. It also doesn't give the option to "go to work" on the work tab on the sim bar (that shows needs). I have read on other forums that this is a continuous problem. Is there any way you can fix the bug? Thank you so much in advance.

Message 392 of 666 (7,379 Views)

Re: My actor won't go to work

★★ Apprentice

@SullyWis wrote:

They need to fix this ASAP because I shouldn’t have to struggle to find workarounds to play an expansion properly. I highly doubt EA will put in the time to fix this either. They need to fix this bug or just refund everyone who has bought the expansion. I honestly feel scammed considering I bought Get Famous almost exclusively for the acting career...

My thoughts exactly, it's even a big part of the expansion. And that's not to mention all the other packs that have issues which have been reported in these forums for years, like Dine Out, the butler from Vintage Glamour, the toddler's chair, etc.

Plenty of those are reported on pc and consoles so they're not even isolated things that affect one version. The worst thing is they report many of those issues as "fixed" or "solved" but they keep coming back a few patches later.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect the game to be absolutely perfect but when several of these bugs that have been reported as "fixed" or solved for years keep making the game annoying to play or progress, something is really wrong with it and should be addressed.

In the end, I don't expect anything to be done because if you look at sims 3, it has plenty of stuff that was never fixed either.

Message 393 of 666 (7,611 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Actually, the most recent patch fixed a bunch of one-off issues from several different packs, many of them way older than GF--I'm holding out hope for this one to be fixed as well. I know that doesn't fix your immediate problem/frustration, but I do trust them to get to it--they usually do. This seems to have been going on longer than most bugs I've come across (as a Mac user, I'm used to dealing with more bugs than PC users normally face), so I kind of assume they're on it by now.

Crossing my fingers!!

MamaKatz

Message 394 of 666 (7,606 Views)

my Sims four get famous won’t work anymore Since the up to date fixes

★★ Novice

My Sims 4 on get famous used to work until they did some up-to-date fixes on it and since then when my Sims is supposed to go to acting work and transport them there it’s not working they can’t go from one place to the next I try to reboot the game and thought it was going to work but it didn’t I try to make sure there was no more updates but that didn’t work either the Sims still there like it’s another Day still going to work for acting.

Message 395 of 666 (7,356 Views)

★★ Guide

I did some looking into the Python code for careers, as that changed during the latest update to fix the prep task issue. What I found:

In career_base.py, the career_start() function used to call a function _refresh_gig_on_load() if the game was going through a loading screen. _refresh_gig_on_load() called another function, _set_up_gig_timers(). This is the critical bit. _refresh_gig_on_load() was removed in the latest patch, and _set_up_gig_timers() was no longer called during loading screens. Adding _set_up_gig_timers() where _refresh_gig_on_load() used to be called fixes the bug.

If you want to play the acting career, I have uploaded my fix on Tumblr. Look up thefreshsims on Tumblr, and click the Mods link up top. If you have trouble finding it, you can also use the search function on my blog and look for "Acting Career Gig Fix".

Message 396 of 666 (7,575 Views)

★ Guide

@Bra1nBlast3d You're a blessing.

Can we get a hotfix, EA?

Message 397 of 666 (7,558 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Bra1nBlast3d Thanks but I play on PlayStation... I just hope EA knows it’s an issue and fix it within the week
Message 398 of 666 (7,552 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think if we report this to a manager or something, they'll possibly fix it within the next patch. Although, I'm not really sure, and there's also no guarantee they'll fix it. I guess we just have to wait and find out.

The best solution for now would be to not travel until your gig begins. You can still travel before the audition because it works just fine, but after the audition, and before the gig starts do not travel AT ALL. That will cause the Sim not to go to their gigs. If the Sim still is not able to go to their gigs, quit that current one, and select another one, but you have to stay home before the gig starts. That's the most effective way there is to it for now.

- Lizzie

Message 399 of 666 (7,542 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Bra1nBlast3d Downloaded. Thanks! Off to test it out!!
Message 400 of 666 (7,542 Views)