Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

by agoak

Original Post

Re: Actors won't go to Gigs

★★★★ Expert
@aodoherty I figured out the problem with Evolving being too fast. It's a mod by Carl's, supposed to increase the chance of rare splicing bonus harvestables. Turns out it also supercharges evolve rates.

I'm... "Adjusting"... it...
Message 281 of 666 (776 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have seen reports elsewhere of sims not going to school either, and I have a couple of other glitches (sims stop eating as soon as you give them something to do next, and a sim who cannot finish writing a book) that showed up simultaneously with these problem that I believe are inter-related, at least based on the same patch if not the same code.

Message 282 of 666 (1,938 Views)

After recent update, my sim won't go to acting gig

★★★ Novice

How can I resolve this issue where my sim now won't go to their acting gig. I've tried moving my sim out of the household and moving her back in but it's the same thing. She's able to go to her auditions but when it comes to the day of the gig, there is no notification an hour before and there is no prompt anywhere when it's time to leave for work. 

Message 283 of 666 (1,541 Views)

Re: After recent update, my sim won't go to acting gig

★★★★ Expert

@afermo1  There is a bug report for the issue. If it matches yours, please click Me Too, and read the solution post for a workaround.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/td-p/89...

Message 284 of 666 (1,489 Views)

Re: ask

★★★ Novice

I tried to switch talent agencies too and no luck.  I partially switched too because the agency kept telling my sim how bad she was haha!

P.S. I tried to create a whole new thread for this issue but when I went to post it would not let me.  Anyone feel free to create a whole new thread so EA knows there is a new glitch with the Acting Career.

Message 285 of 666 (1,749 Views)

Re: having trouble getting my sim to leave for work

★★★ Novice
@LeissaMyst When I created this I thought I was creating a new thread. I tried to do it just now, but it would not let me. I just copied and pasted everything I posted in this thread.

If anyone else if having issues please post a new thread!!!
Message 286 of 666 (1,749 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I accepted a gig and never traveled, never exited the game or my lot and it still didn't work.
Message 287 of 666 (1,748 Views)

Sim Won't Go To Acting Gig

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get your sim on the acting career track, have them go to an audition, then wait until the next gig after they pass their audition
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will have a pop-up box saying "[Sim] has work in about an hour" and then when the hour is up, and it's time for the sim to go to their gig, there is no option to go. Nothing will pop up in the queue and you can't click to make the sim to go work.
What do you expect to see? I expect that the same pop up will appear as with all the other jobs, where when it is time for work, they will have a queue item to go to work. I also expect for there to be an option when you click the sim to send them to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Pretty sraight forward, my sim won't go to their acting gigs!

Message 288 of 666 (1,611 Views)

★★ Pro
@fmuncaster Maybe did you open the buy/build mode while waiting on home lot? One of my fellow simmers didn't get that gig pop up without traveling anywhere until gig day but she purchased something from buy mode while waiting.
Message 289 of 666 (1,738 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, buildmode also messes with gigs. which is another problem as often switching into build mode is the only way to get Sims to take a queued action (like, they have something lined up and just.... stand there. no progress if they are e.g. eating something, no moving if they want to go somewhere.) only thing I found helps with that is switching into build mode quickly and back...

Message 290 of 666 (1,685 Views)