by agoak

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 - Sim not going to acting job

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, I did many times and it did not helped Frown

Message 261 of 666 (1,134 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Put back your save game and try again (only save). Cancel the gig, go to build mode and add some doors that the Sim can get out of the house, Get a new gig, go to audition. Do stay in the house, don't switch to any other mode and see if it then works to go to the gig as well.

If it does, you can start putting your stuff back

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 262 of 666 (1,547 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I fixed it by removing and adding mods again. I did not add all mods back. Also I updated Mc Command Center and Woohoo to 7.1.0. Also get new Resource.cfg file.

Moved away mods: 

- MTS_scumbumbo_1740131_SimLotto - this one could make an issue, I added it like 4 days ago

- MTS_temptest_1467290_daily_save

- <removed>

- <removed>

- crib - Crib Good Night (basegame) and Baby with Hidden Crib (default) by LiKo

My game without CC would be very poor Frown

(Edited by CM per forum rules)

Message 263 of 666 (1,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Any new info about this bug ? 

The work around is fine and all but just annoying you can’t build or travel for 2 sim days etc without the bug overriding their choice to go to work in the acting career. 

I can’t wait for the next patch day 😍 hopefully soon Standard smile 

Message 264 of 666 (1,311 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict what about consoles? Is there any troubleshooting for those who play on consoles?
Message 265 of 666 (1,301 Views)

My actor sims won't go to their gigs

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, City Living, and Get Together expansion packs; Realm of Magic and Parenthood game packs; and Tiny Living stuff pack plus all the free packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After a certain point in my sims acting career (usually 3rd or 4th tier actor), my sim will audition and select a gig but when it is time for the gig to begin she does not get a notification saying it will start in an hour nor do I get the prompt that asks whether I want to join her or not. I have tried switching agencies as suggested by some forums and selecting a new gig but this only worked one or two times with a different sim. It has never worked again. I have also tried refraining from traveling to different lots as suggested by another thread.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims will not go to their gigs and does not get a notification or prompt for them
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a notification an hour before her gig then the option to join her when it is time for the gig to begin
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm not really sure how to fix this bug a I've tried repairing the game, avoiding making my sims travel to other lots, avoiding meeting the cast, and changing my sims' agencies and cancelling gigs. 

Message 266 of 666 (1,149 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have tried removing all my user files and restarting, repairing the software, and still have the problem. I consider the workaround so extreme as to be a non starter, so I have developed my own workaround: stop playing sims and stop buying sims software.

Given the timing f this bug and the extreme numbers of people it is affecting I'm pretty sure it has to do with the patch that was supposed to solve file labeling issues for mac compatibility that they swore wouldn't affect anything. Hopefully they will actually figure out a solution to this issue while I still give a darn enough to resume play. There seem to be a number of related bugs which all stated at the same time and all I have seen is that they want to treat them all as separate issues, I figure they are likely inter-related and they should be looking at that, but like I said, I'm just beyond frustrated by this nd real-life is frustrating enough I don't need aggravation from my games.

Message 267 of 666 (1,264 Views)

Re: My actor sims won't go to their gigs

★★★★★ Pro
@stephnooble We're all getting this. The workaround seems to be having your Sim stay at home between the audition and the gig. The main thread is:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/td-p/89...
Message 268 of 666 (1,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Going by the patchnotes it was also meant to have the prep tasks for acting not reset upon travelling anymore.

Just that... I never had an issue earning gold and even getting rewards with them reset. Now nothing works anymore.

Also, in terms of jobs:

I am certain that before this patch the gig date (same for freelancer deadlines) jumped if you played a different household between an audition and gig. This is gone too, though I might be wrong with this happening before.

I think at this point it'd be fair to say that once a patch happens to fix these issues we should be getting a free goodies pack for the game or something.

Message 269 of 666 (1,239 Views)

Re: having trouble getting my sim to leave for work

★ Novice

Yeah im having issues where my sims are going to issues but still aren't going to the gigs please fix this considering its a £35 expansion I feel like I'm getting ripped off please patch it EA. I'm playing it on XO so the game needs patching if pc players have the same issues... 

Message 270 of 666 (1,156 Views)