Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: sims don't go to work

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I will take a look at it again, thank you.
Message 21 of 666 (8,141 Views)

Re: sims don't go to work

Hero
@mirrylala You can join. Once you get the pop-up, all is good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 666 (8,139 Views)

Problem after update 7.4.2020

★ Apprentice

Hi! After latest update 7.4.2020, there is problem with carrer "Actor", Sims go for audition, but when then they don't go for main job. Am I only one, who have same problem? I have not any mods or my content.

Message 23 of 666 (8,049 Views)

★★ Novice

New saves too 

Message 24 of 666 (8,085 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

After lots of testing this afternoon and confirmation from others, the following workaround should work

1. Cancel any stuck gigs you already have. You won't be able to complete them
  2. Get a new gig
  3. If you don't have the perk that allows you to skip auditions, you're allowed to travel until you have to go to the audition. I would make sure you're on the home lot before the audition starts.
  4. Do not travel, Go to CAS, the Map, Household Manager or reload the save game until you get the pop-up to go to work. No Loading screens allowed between the audition and the gig.
  5. It's no problem to let the the Sim go to the audition or other rabbit hole events. If you have another active career you play in that household, always send the Sim alone.
  6. Once you get the gig pop-up you can join the Sim at the set and do the task there. There should be no problem fulfilling them.
  7. You can then travel again until you get the next gig.
  8. You can save your game in between but not re-load or turn off.

For anyone where these steps don't work, please make sure you remove all your mods and test on a vanilla game to make sure it's not a mod issue.

So far, I've duplicated it for the following actions:

• Reloading the game while you have a gig open (after audition)
  • Travelling to another lot while you have a gig open (after audition)
  • Using Household Manager (after audition)
  • Going to CAS (after audition)

These didn't trigger it for me

• Going to build mode and changing things
  • Saving the game
  • Pressing M, then pressing M again to go back
  • Going for a jog in the neighborhood without switching lots
  • Going for a walk  with the dog in the neighborhood without switching lots

There are reports that this doesn't work for some people. I've tested saves of several people saying so and it worked for me each time so I don't know why it doesn't work for some if you follow above instructions. 

------------------------

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 666 (148,250 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict When talking about getting a gig, do you mean selecting one or passing the audition?
Message 26 of 666 (8,051 Views)

★★ Novice

My sim don't have any perks but this still happened

Message 27 of 666 (8,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kusurusu I'm unsure at this point if you can travel before you go to the audition. The Sim I mainly tested with didn't have go to to them anymore.

One person I talked to said they traveled before they went to the audition and it was fine but I haven't tested this scenario so I wanted to be on the save side for now until I get a chance to test it.

So what I meant was from the time you select one but if you still have auditions, it's possible you can still travel inbetween that time.

@zumamoose That turned out not to be the reason. Check my workaround post above

@anndd I merged your thread with the current bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 666 (8,044 Views)

Get Famous: not able to go to work (acting career)

★★ Novice

My sims are not able to travel to plumbob pictures. Once they've passed the audition and they're given a time to go on set, nothing pops up for me to either send them alone or travel with them. 

Message 29 of 666 (7,984 Views)

Get famous - Nothing happens when it's time to go to work.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The sims 4; cats and dogs; city living; discover university; get famous; get to work; get together; seasons; island living; dine out; jungle adventure; outdoor retreat; parenthood; magic; spa day; strangerville; cool kitchen; luxury party; moschino; movie hangout; romantic garden; tiny living; vingate glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -
What happens when the bug occurs? Time to get to work comes and nothing happens. No notification; no asking if I want to actively join my sim. Nothing.
What do you expect to see? The message asking if I want to join my sim at work; my sim going to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm playing Sims 4 Get famous. Trying to make my Sim an actress. My sim does the auditions; passes; does the work pre-"shooting". Next day comes and so does the time she needs to go to work. But she does not go. Nor it gives me the option to send her myself. I don't get a notification saying "X has to be at work in an hour". Nothing happens when it's time to go to work.

I've tried deleting all mods. I've reset my sim several times. Used different families to do the same thing. Uninstalled the game and installed it again. Vanilla folder. Everything I could find on forums. Nothing has worked.

Message 30 of 666 (8,047 Views)