Re: Married celebrity couple constantly "react in disgust" to one anot

by Meowwbox

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] Married celebrity couple constantly "react in disgust&amp

★ Novice

I've had a similar issue with a bug for reacting in disgust. However instead of them doing it all the time randomly like most say, my experience with the reaction is it triggers my game to lag out when I try to cancel the reaction, she was reacting to someone declining her selfie or autograph. The first time I canceled it, she stopped moving and I went into chests and reset her. Then she continued on fine but It popped up again right after and I let her do it. And then she was fine. The second time I tried to cancel it I was In the stage area and it stopped all actions and everyone stopped moving. Then I reset her. And she couldnt do any action. Then I tried resetting a few other sims and it fixed itself. But then her react in disgust popped back up and I canceled again to see if that's what it really was. And then it completely froze the game :/ 

Message 21 of 49 (4,357 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] Married celebrity couple constantly "react in disgust&

Hero
That's interesting.

I cancel mine all the time and never had a freezing issue.

Do others have similar experiences like this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 49 (4,310 Views)

★ Apprentice

My Sim is a Global Superstar. She started to "React in Disgust" at level 3. She currently has no quirks, but has twice had and removed both "A Stan" and "No Touching". She has a "Pristine" reputation. As something of a control, her mother, who also has a pristine reputation, never advanced past Celebrity level 2 and never began to "React in Disgust".

The reaction seems to occur whenever anyone recognizes her. I had my sim wear her celebrity disguise to see if it had any effect. It does not. Sims still recognize her, and she continues to "React in Disgust" while wearing the disguise.

Message 23 of 49 (4,224 Views)

Champion (Retired)

My two superstars and the 2 level 3 stars occasionally react in disgust even though no one else is in the room but the child of the two superstars appears in their queue. Also happens if he is in the room but so far it is only briefly there so I have not been able to test cancelling it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 24 of 49 (4,072 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] Married celebrity couple constantly "react in disgust&

★★★ Novice
Joelle
-Proper celebrity
-Proper celebrity
-Paparazzi darling and refined palate

Seiji
-Proper celebrity
-B-lister
-refined palate and phone fanatic
Message 25 of 49 (4,057 Views)

Re: Married celebrity couple constantly "react in disgust" to one anot

★★ Novice

The mod does not fix the react in disgust for me

Message 26 of 49 (4,056 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] 3 (and above) star Celebrity constantly "react in disgust&q

★★★★★ Apprentice
Experiencing this too - after Celebrity Level 3, pristine reputation. It's happening with my sim's cats. No other sims on the lot.
Message 27 of 49 (4,022 Views)

★★★ Novice

My sim is global superstar

I think it started at proper celeb but not sure

She has the "no touching", the "Fan-mail", the "Paparazzi draling" and the "Refined palette" quirks

She reacts in disgust to everything - even her husband at home... sometimes after a woohoo but i don't know if we should blame her for that or not....

Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 28 of 49 (3,990 Views)

★★ Novice

I've noticed that it even happens to pets. My sims (1 at 2 stars, 1 at 5) have a dog, and the less famous sim reacts as normal to the dog, but my 5 star sim reacts in disgust to both his fiance (2 stars) and the dog. I guess its not the worst thing that could happen, because this reaction doesnt seem to be affecting their relationships, however it is annoying to see my sim act like that to the guy he just proposed to

Message 29 of 49 (3,911 Views)

★★★ Novice

This honestly just seems like another dumb mechanic/animation that EA/Maxis just threw in with no intention of explaining it. Or, it's meant to have a purpose, but they just didn't take into account that if it were to bug out, which it has, it would be another annoying aspect of the game that just takes you out of it.

Message 30 of 49 (3,884 Views)