Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] 3 (and above) star Celebrity constantly "react in disgust"

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Expansion Pack. Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out. Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a celebrity couple married and at "proper celebrity" level. For me, when I have them in separate rooms, then have one walk into the room that the other is in, one will then "react in disgust".
What happens when the bug occurs? My two married sims constantly (just about every time one enters into a room that their spouse is in, they "react in disgust") are reacting in disgust, seemingly to one another, as they wave and say "sul" then turn and go "ugh" and say something else like they're annoyed. This happens even though they are both at the same celebrity level and have very high romantic and friendly relationship levels. But I would think that even if they aren't both equally famous, a sim happily married to a person not as famous as them wouldn't be disgusted by their spouse.
What do you expect to see? Celebrity couples not doing the "react in disgust" animation at one another.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started after installing Get Famous.

My two married sims constantly are reacting in disgust, seemingly to one another, as they wave and say "sul" then turn and go "ugh" and say something else like they're annoyed. This happens even though they are both at the same celebrity level and have very high romantic and friendly relationship levels. But I would think that even if they aren't both equally famous, a sim happily married to a person not as famous as them wouldn't be disgusted by their spouse.

Message 1 of 49 (47,230 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [GF] 3 (and above) star Celebrity constantly "react in disgust&

Hero

Married celebrity Sims will no longer react in disgust towards one another.
  • Unless there is reason to.
    • Like cutting your toenails in bed.
      • I mean, who does that?!

Fixed in Patch 1.48.90

I know some people said it was happening for single Sims as well. If you still have this issue for single Sims or other circumstances, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 36 of 49 (41,812 Views)

All Replies

Re: Married celebrity couple constantly "react in disgust" to one anot

[ Edited ]
Hero

Current Status

• Seems to happen for celebrities, Fame Level 3 and up
  • Will be added to the list on the next round Has been added to the list
  • Mod that fixes the issue: Google: 'No React in Disgust' simsmodelsimmer to find it. It's a tumblr page.
  • I don't think it's related to any quirks
  • Fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 49 (47,111 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] Married celebrity couple constantly "react in disgust&quo

★ Apprentice

Same here. Others have reported it in the other sims forum on EA. I get it whenever my 4 star sim (tried it with a brand new sim, clean game, no mods) see's anyone. It's like it's the default greeting. React in disgust is the greeting both sims (modded and completely clean new game mod free) give to anyone.Very annoying. Hope it's a bug they can fix.

Message 3 of 49 (47,063 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] Married celebrity couple constantly "react in disgust&

Hero
What quirks does your Sim have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 49 (47,054 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] Married celebrity couple constantly "react in disgust&

★★★★ Guide
My 4 star celebrity sim with Paparazzi Darling and Emotion Bomb reacts to everything in disgust, even in her own home with no one around to react to.
Message 5 of 49 (46,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've got a similar problem too, but only one of my sims is a Proper Celebrity. Even when I managed to remove the quirk via Celestial Crystal Crown, they still continue to react in disgust.

Edit: In response to Crinrict's requests:

• Sim Level: Proper Celebrity.
  • Problem started when sim became a Proper Celebrity.
  • Quirks: Before using the Crystal Crown: Public Number and No Touching. After Quirk Removal: Public Number and Emotion Bomb. The "React in Disgust" action still appears on queue. 
Message 6 of 49 (46,824 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm getting this too. My sim is a 5 star celebrity, she's been doing it for a while. Whenever her husband walks into the room or she walks into a room with him in it she'll react in disgust and his face pops up in her task bar. He suddenly shot to fame through the astronaut career to level 4 and now he is is doing it to her, and they are both doing it to their son as well now.

Message 7 of 49 (46,729 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have this problem too, but my sim is a proper celebrity with no quirks and a boyfriend outside her household. She keeps interrupting tasks in her queue to react in disgust to nothing, as far as I can tell and its getting unplayable. I believe it started with proper celebrity, and she has had a few quirks like the food one and vain, but I use the Rewards potion to get rid of them.

Message 8 of 49 (46,682 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this problem as-well. The celebrity sim "Reacts in Disgust" to other sims celebrities or not that aren't a "stan(s)"

Message 9 of 49 (46,599 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] Married celebrity couple constantly "react in disgust&amp

Hero

Changed the title a bit as it doesn't seem to have anything to do with married couples

Could everyone add the following info to their post

• What level is your celebrity
  • Do you remember what what level it started ?
  • What's your quirks ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 49 (46,535 Views)