Re: The Gallery is super glitchy?

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GALLERY] Issue with sorting and delays

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello! I'm currently experiencing difficulties with the Gallery. First of all, last month, I had a problem connecting to the Gallery.

I made a question regarding that: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/I-can-t-connect-to-the-Gallery-help/m-p/5368821#M70078

I went to school shortly after I made this question, and when I came back, I was able to connect successfully. Everything was working normally, with one exception that didn't bother me: There was a small delay in showing new items. For an example, if I chose to see everything in the Gallery, then chose to see specifically, lots, new lots that I had seen in the "Everything" category wouldn't show up in the "Lots" category until an undetermined amount of time. This is quite difficult for me to explain with words, so I apologize if I am not making myself clear.

Now, everything seems to have gotten very.. Glitchy. When I choose to see items picked by Maxis, and sort from downloads, it will show items that aren't the most downloaded ones! When I choose to sort lots (picked by Maxis) by size (30x20, haven't tried with other sizes) and type (Residential), it will not show everything.

I figured it was an in-game problem, so I decided to go to the browser Gallery.. Same problem though. While as of now, the Gallery is still usable, it's not exactly as convenient as it was before. Could this have anything at all to do with CC or Mods? My Origin account, perhaps?

Thank you in advance for any further replies!

Message 1 of 7 (1,089 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Sims Team

Hello,

Regarding the delay with new items appearing in certain filters, I've been told this is currently expected behavior.  Sometimes it takes a little longer for some filters to refresh with new uploads. 

Regarding the items not being properly sorted, this is still under investigation.

Thank you for the report Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (1,100 Views)

All Replies

Test the game with the mods/CC out, just put the mods folder somewhere outside the EA folder.

Then test the game.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (1,037 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I can confirm what you are seeing @uncreativeirene.  The lots category does indeed seem to be delayed in showing the newest lots, which can be seen under the "All" category, and the gallery sorting is definitely off.  If you select Maxis Curated, Lots, and Most Popular, by the third row, you can see lots appearing with a lower download count than should appear in that position.  As you scroll down, you see more and more of them.  I have seen the Gallery act like this in the past, and I'm guessing they just need to do some kind of maintenance or a reboot, etc.

Message 3 of 7 (1,023 Views)

Hero

Tagging @SimQARobo on this to see if this is a temp issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,003 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello,

Regarding the delay with new items appearing in certain filters, I've been told this is currently expected behavior.  Sometimes it takes a little longer for some filters to refresh with new uploads. 

Regarding the items not being properly sorted, this is still under investigation.

Thank you for the report Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 7 (1,101 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The sorting appears to be fixed this morning.  Thanks @SimQARobo. Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (963 Views)

Hero

Tagging @uncreativeirene to confirm that the sorting is fixed 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (952 Views)