[FIXED] Friendship immediately maxes out after introduction

by May0Shark

Original Post

Relationships and interactions are broken

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, University, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When i have interactions with other sims or try to introduce them to someone new, the relationship bar fills up instantly.
What happens when the bug occurs? After introducing them or having them talk to someone they either fill up the bar completely or it will triple what the normal amount is. The friendships are so easy to completely fill and become best friends.
What do you expect to see? When you introduce them the bar fills to complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have removed all mods and played but it's still continuing to happen with or without them.

The friendship bars and even relationship bars fill up way too fast, they are almost instant best friends just from a friendly introduction. 

Message 51 of 59 (1,833 Views)

Re: Relationships and interactions are broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem too! I thought it was mods at first but I removed and disabled them and I repaired my game and it's still happening. Friendly or mean introductions, it doesn't matter - the friendship bar always jumps up a significant amount. I also noticed it with the welcome wagons. I always cancel them because I don't want to be bothered (something that normally results in a negative friendship gain) and my sim instantly got positive friendship gains with each one of the neighbors. I tested it in a completely new vanilla save with a random sim with random traits (mean, loner and active) just to be sure. I tried a friendly introduction with Liberty Lee (first pic) and a mean introduction with travis Scott (second pic). The friendship bar also advances really quickly like others said. 

After one friendly introduction 

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 11.05.18 PM.png

After a mean introduction

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 11.05.57 PM.png

Message 52 of 59 (1,766 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having a similar issue as well. My teen sim just recently aged up to young adult with all good traits from the parenthood pack and ever since any interaction he has with other sims makes them instant friends. I assumed it had something to do with the good traits he earned through childhood/teen but now that I'm seeing other people having this problem I'm questioning if that's really the case or not. It's becoming frustrating since he has over 20 friends now and growing.

Message 53 of 59 (1,654 Views)

★ Guide

Good reputation boosts friendship, and polite introduction (from good manners) usually gets you to friends immediatelly. If you combine the two & the "Incredibly friendly" reward trait, you can pretty much max out a relationship with an introduction.

Message 54 of 59 (1,635 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Friendship immediately maxes out after introduction

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

TL/DR: Friendship maxed / almost maxed twice in-person, once on "chatting" on PC, with a brand new sim/neighborhood with no mods made with no friendhip-boosting qualities. Only contributing factor could be Micro home lot trait. I have a save immediately prior and immediately after and this is repeatable in the save.

Details:
Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030 (fully updated as of 4/18/2021)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Kits, Snowy Escape, Paranormal, Batuu, My First Pets, Backyard stuff, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party, Spooky, Toddler, and Kids Room.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Introduce yourself w/ friendly introduction to a sim even if you have no friendship-boosting qualities; also try it in a Micro Home. You can also request my saves.
What happens when the bug occurs? After introducing them or having them talk to someone they either fill up the bar completely (if on a micro home) or it will be nearly at friendship (if regular residential lot).
What do you expect to see? When you introduce them the bar fills only a little unless sim has other traits/tc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No; also
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure; hard to notice when so many of my sims have high charisma/Polite introductions, but it has in general seemed just ridiculously easy since Snowy Escape came out (which I don't have).

What happened to me:

I had this problem on a mod-free "testing" sim save when I was trying to re-create a different bug. I had also cleared out all of my caches immediately prior to making this new save game/neighborhood. I have a save right before it happened (but option not qued) and right after it happened. I can upload these, but haven't, because the FAQ says not to upload saves unless requested.

My sim was made in CAS that same sim day in a fresh save. I made him using the "story" option where he rolled with loves outdoors, materialistic, and neat with no other traits from parenthood or any reward traits that could affect his relationships. He also has NO charisma points. I moved him into the maxis-made lot, but I did change the lot type to micro home (smallest type, which does have a double relationship boost or something like that).

How it happened: My sim ordered a pizza. Introduced himself to the pizza NPC immediately after getting it with "Friendly introduction" and you can see the immediate result in the screenshot; almost 100% friendship. You can also see the other sim my sim knows in the screenshot, who my sim had only used the interaction, "Chat with Sim" on the computer also resulted in 100% relationship!  This is a repeated run from my "pre" save. It also occurred with a differently generated Pizza NPC, only the first interaction used was "Tip $10" instead of "Friendly introduction" and it resulted in 100% relationship (I immediately saved after that with "Friendly introduction" qued).

Sim_Friendship_Bug.jpg

**EDIT**
Okay, on my end it appears to be the micro home causing the 100% friends issue. I opened my "pre bug" save and did it again, but this time, changed the lot to a regular residential lot right before he showed up. Got a high (...too high?), but not ridiculous, relationship boost from a "friendly introduction." It's pictured below. Certainly not enough to make any sense for the Micro Home bonus only be doubled for introductions.
Friendship_Issue_Normal_Lot.jpg

Message 55 of 59 (1,438 Views)

Re: From Strangers to Instant Good Friends After Introduction Bug

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict How do I repair my game ?
Message 56 of 59 (1,391 Views)

Re: From Strangers to Instant Good Friends After Introduction Bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

@disilliayt Close the game, then right click on it in Origin and hit repair game.

This is a known bug though so repair won't help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 59 (1,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Have you fixed this problem if so can you tell me how you did it?

I repaired my game many times

I even bought the snowy escape because someone said that it fixed it but it didn't for me

Message 58 of 59 (1,252 Views)

Hero

Fixed an issue in which relationship points gained by friendly introductions were more
than usual if Simmers didn’t have Snowy Escape installed.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 59 (3,989 Views)