[FIXED] Freshness decays on fish in fish bowls

by Iggysaurus-Rex

Original Post

Re: Freshness decays on fish in fish bowls.

★★★ Novice

Regarding the fish in the fishbowls, you need to name the fish to keep the fish from going bad. If you just put the fish in the bowl, it will eventually go bad.

Put the fish in the bowl, then name it. When you leave the lot and return to the lot the fish stats in the tool-tip from hovering your cursor over the bowl will be replaced with just the fish's name.

Message 11 of 18 (2,254 Views)

Freshness decays on fish in fish bowls.

★★ Novice

then I go fishing my fish r foul this there a way to fix this???? hope you can help me with this bug

Message 12 of 18 (2,111 Views)

Re: Freshness decays on fish in fish bowls.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@smurf45blue Merged with existing bug report. 

Naming them seems to prevent the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 18 (2,103 Views)

Re: Freshness decays on fish in fish bowls

[ Edited ]
Hero

How is this for everyone ?

This is what I see: My two fish in bowls don't have a freshness at all anymore. I've not tried to move them back to my inventory to see what happens.

They still happily swim around though. I have named one but not the other

@Iggysaurus-Rex @smurf45blue @shetcogle @SindiDoll

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 18 (2,021 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Freshness decays on fish in fish bowls

Hero

I need some feedback on this as it's supposed to be fixed.

Anyone still see fish decay in fish bowls/the aquarium ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 18 (1,949 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Freshness decays on fish in fish bowls

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I hadn't been using fish in bowls or aquariums since I had seen this was an issue but did so I could give you your requested feedback.

I'm seeing what you are with fish in bowls, freshness doesn't show at all after travelling from the lot after placing the fish, or, exiting the game and restarting.  So far, no uncomfortable moodlet from dirty surroundings while being around the bowls either, even after rotating households.

I also put a fish into a SD aquarium.  It does show a freshness rating but the fish is showing as "good", even after rotating through played households a couple of times.  Decay doesn't seem to be occurring at this time.

ETA: I forgot to mention that I named one of the fish put into a bowl but not the second fish.  Freshness level doesn't appear either way.

Message 16 of 18 (6,983 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me again. I thought it a dead issue, but it's just fishy. :P My "Bird Man" is uncomfy around his tank and fish from the ocean. Vanilla game. 

Message 17 of 18 (1,636 Views)

Hero

HI @yagwit

could you just make a new thread for this. 

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 18 (1,616 Views)