Re: fish freshness decay

by mrstragicclown

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Freshness decays on fish in fish bowls

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When you place a fish in a fish bowl its freshness continues to decay eventually making the environment uncomfortable for sims. I don't know if this is a bug or if it was intended to work this way.

04/29/2015 Edit: Name the fish to prevent fish from decaying in fish bowls.

Message 1 of 18 (8,891 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] Freshness decays on fish in fish bowls

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I hadn't been using fish in bowls or aquariums since I had seen this was an issue but did so I could give you your requested feedback.

I'm seeing what you are with fish in bowls, freshness doesn't show at all after travelling from the lot after placing the fish, or, exiting the game and restarting.  So far, no uncomfortable moodlet from dirty surroundings while being around the bowls either, even after rotating households.

I also put a fish into a SD aquarium.  It does show a freshness rating but the fish is showing as "good", even after rotating through played households a couple of times.  Decay doesn't seem to be occurring at this time.

ETA: I forgot to mention that I named one of the fish put into a bowl but not the second fish.  Freshness level doesn't appear either way.

View in thread

Message 16 of 18 (6,854 Views)

All Replies

Re: Freshness decays on fish in fish bowls.

Hero

I thought that was already on the list but I can't find it.

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (8,778 Views)

fish freshness decay

★★ Novice

even when put in the fridge the fish freshness decays and the dcay is to fast is it normal ?

Message 3 of 18 (8,764 Views)

Hero

@gerobon It's a bug. I moved your thread to the bug forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (8,759 Views)

★★ Novice

thank yoou

Message 5 of 18 (8,756 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

None of my fish have been able to go into the fridge. I assumed there was a reason for this that I had not realised yet. But if you have managed to put them in the fridge, then clearly my game is bugged? I tried again just now, to no avail.

When I first started fishing, I noticed that by the time I got back to my lot from the park (after fishing for 48 hours solid) , all the fish were foul, therefore I tried to add them to the fridge which I had placed on the same lot for a wedding as soon as I had caught them, and it still didnt work.

Am I missing something?

Message 6 of 18 (8,725 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Foul or not SindiDoll I fish with them and the fish still take the bait lol.  I just leave them in my inventory and save them for the next time I fish. I have never been able to keep my fish in a bowl safe either so I mount them or keep in inventory for my next fishing trip. 

Message 7 of 18 (8,723 Views)

Hero

Fish stored in the refrigerator will no longer decay as if they were sitting on a marble slab, at noon, outside, beneath a blistering mid-summer sun.

Don't know if this also affects the fish bowls but I'm going with fixed for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (8,300 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Fish in the fish bowl still decay.  I my mind, fish in a fish bowl shouldn't decay at all.  So not sure what the thinking is on fish bowls.

Message 9 of 18 (8,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks for the feedback

Revoking solution then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (8,234 Views)