Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MSP] Cant upload approved photos to fashion simstagram

by ceb6973

Original Post

completed tasks not recognized, freelancer job

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? et to work, seasons, parenthood, cityliving, toddstuff, perfect patio, backyard stuff, mochino, dine out, get together, holiday stuff, cats & dogs, spa day, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? take an art job under freelancer try to complete the tasks - they don't mark as complete no matter how many times you do them
What happens when the bug occurs? unable to complete any jobs/gigs
What do you expect to see? I expect tasks I complete to be recorded as complete
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Nov 2019 update

To be clear, I've used this exact function before with no problem, but as soon as the update completed, it no longer worked.

Also my Sim was fired from her style influencer job because of a similar problem with photography skill not being recognized by the game.

I'm in a quandry as to what I can do to earn $ in 100 baby challenge, since you have to work from home, and all work from home options seem broken.

Message 91 of 133 (990 Views)

Re: completed tasks not recognized, freelancer job

Hero
@MadameNordica I merged your post with existing bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 133 (976 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is a really irritating glitch, so I'm happy to send a save. I've tried multiple times to complete the "post to Fashion Simstagram" task on any of the Photographer freelance gigs (which is irritatingly the final task for almost ALL of the gigs, so you can't even just avoid those gigs!), and I have yet to get it to complete properly. (I wound up cheating to give my sim photographer a promotion because his ratings getting so low cancelling gigs or not completing them in time).

I've even tried deleting ALL other photos and having only the photos that are approved in his inventory, but it simply doesn't work. 

I do suspect that this could be part of the problem: we can take a total of 10 photos at one time. Which means there are 10 photos available to send in.

Since you never know if a photo will be accepted or rejected, I've been sending in all 10 for approval. Sometimes only some get approved, sometimes they all get approved...

SO, I started wondering if perhaps the fact that multiple photos are getting approved for one assignment, but we're only supposed to get one approved, and then post that one approved photo to the fashion simstagram is the issue. 

I'll soon be giving it a test where I have my photog send in just one photo for approval, and having just that approved photo in the inventory when trying to complete the post to simstagram task.

I'll also send the save over asap--as soon as I figure it out.

Message 93 of 133 (901 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, reading through the instructions on how to upload the save file to OneDrive... I get most of it, but where do I locate the save file?

Message 94 of 133 (898 Views)

Hero
@ceb6973 Just to be sure, the option is greyed out for you on the computer?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 133 (900 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey Crin!

Oh no, it's not greyed out. I can technically "post to fashion simstagram" and when I click on that freelancer option, a list of all my approved photos comes up. I even get the buffs for when my posts to fashion simstagram are successful or failures. (Because I do successfully get my approved photos back via mail--even on holidays, though not on Sundays). 

It's just that the "post to fashion simstagram" task under the gig never completes. Which means you can't finish the job. So you either have to miss the deadline and fail the gig, or you have to cancel the gig--which also hurts your career progress.

So at this point, it's impossible to progress in the Photographer freelance career. Which is frustrating!

Message 96 of 133 (897 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ceb6973 SOLUTION!?!
I may have inadvertently figured out what the problem is with the "Upload to Fashion Simstagram" task not completing so the gig cannot be completed... I had 10 approved photos in my inventory and I just needed to upload 1. I tried uploading each of the 10 different images (keeping all 10 in my inventory), hoping one would be the trigger to complete the task. It didn't work. THEN, I decided to take all but 1 approved photos OUT of my inventory--so I hung 9 approved photos on my wall and kept just 1 in inventory--I uploaded that 1 inventoried image to the fashion simstagram and success! It uploaded, the task completed and the gig successfully wrapped up! Glad I stumbled onto this! (Although, I do hope EA fixes it so that it will complete even if you DO have multiple approved images in your inventory!)
Message 97 of 133 (883 Views)

Hero
@ceb6973 There is a general issue with task not marked as completed: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Freelancer-Tasks-not-getting-checked/m-p/8179949

Does that sound more like yours ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 98 of 133 (866 Views)

Re: completed tasks not recognized, freelancer job

★★★ Guide

Can't fulfil my tasks with the kids either, I must take "mupitple" child in formalwear. I try one kid, then two kids in formal, using the camera and tripod, and task doesn't fulfil.

Message 99 of 133 (945 Views)

Sims 4 Freelance Career - Completed Contract Tasks, But Tasks Don't Get Checked

★★★★ Novice

My sim used to be a freelance writer until I started having problems with his gigs. He would write the book he needed to, and send it in for approval, but it wouldn't show as being complete on the job contract. I even write an extra book, which still didn't solve the issue.

Then I switched my sim to the freelance programmer career and I started having the same issues. I would create more than 3 websites (contract needed 3 websites) but only 1 website would show up as completed on the contract. I know that I was successfully finishing the websites because then it would prompt me to name the website. 

So is there a bug for the freelance career right now that needs to be fixed? 

Message 100 of 133 (941 Views)