Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

by Diabalzane

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict, yes-yes-yes-yes-yes, my point of interest is in

>are not going to fix it because it is unbalanced for their "Sparkd" agenda.

part.

I'm perfectly aware of the rest. Including crushing uncertainity of date of actual fix arrival.

(sorry for flooding with posts - I'm paging through list of relevant bugs, trying to figure out what and how should I play to avoid bumping onto another showstopper)

Message 501 of 553 (526 Views)

Hero
@eustacecs If that's info they have from EA, then I'd love to see a source :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 502 of 553 (518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

There is no "proof", just common sense (based on the empirical evidence and EA's past history). Read my entire post rather than picking parts out of context.

Edit---sorry, that was harsh. I meant context with my first post as well.

Message 503 of 553 (453 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@stt636981 EA has stated that this is a bug that's being looked into as a bug. I don't believe it's anything else than that but can of course always think the worst.

You post an opinion of yours as if they were facts that you know or have read official statements on. So I was just asking if you have anything to back that up.

I just pointed out that EA themselves have stated to the contrary themselves, saying this is a bug they are looking into to fix.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 504 of 553 (839 Views)

★ Novice
@HCSau this has happened to me too, my sim went throughout all of university to start off high in the freelancer programmer career, and now it's not working! They expect us to pay all this money and yet it's been 4 weeks and we haven't heard anything?
Message 505 of 553 (793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictYou can be optimistic. I choose to be realistic, based on past performance (and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts 99% would agree with me).

They've done this before, and will keep doing it until we call them out on it. It isn't rocket science. I've been a customer of them for 30 years, and own well over 100 of their games (some of which no longer work even though I own the CDs, and registered those CDs, but the copy protection on those CDs expired). This isn't my first rodeo.

You say they admitted there was a "bug" (I saw no such admission, only blaming it on mods---which is irrelevant on consoles by the way, but I'll take your word for it), but even if they did admit it, is not "proof" it was unintentional. Actually, the opposite, since they are covering up based on the empirical evidence. And, let's not forget, this is the fourth iteration of this game (although Maxis designed the first two*; and it's no coincidence both #3 and #4 are 2 steps better and 3 steps worse than the one before it)). They know exactly what is "wrong". I'm not even sure if #4 can be played offline (ie, disconnect your machine from the internet and try to play) ( I never tried, unlike my trials with 1-3)

This time I'm not sorry for seeming harsh. I have no tolerance for apologists, especially EA apologists. And then to add insult to injury, you get all the "me too" people that refuse to read other posts and think their problem is unique, ALL BECAUSE EA REFUSES TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I can guarantee there will be at least 50 posts, in the next 5 days, that say "me too" and have not read any of the other posts in this thread (starting with post #504, right after mine).

Edit---and let's not forget the nerfing of royalties that happened AT THE SAME TIME. EA is strangely silent on that point...and if they did mention it, it was a ruse to distract us from the disabling of freelance.

*yeah, I'm oversimplifying. but you get the gist

Message 506 of 553 (791 Views)

Re: Is there a bug in the freelance career?

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me each time. I complete the work and get check marks on everything then nothing happens. It never goes away and I don't get paid.

Message 507 of 553 (740 Views)

Re: Freelance Jobs Not Paying....Really

★ Novice
@EA_Lanna This was 4 weeks ago and is still an ongoing problem. Several of my characters are unplayable at this point. The fact that no one on EA's end seems to care if it is fixed, but are more than happy to pump out a new expansion pack speaks volumes. Thanks for nothing.
Message 508 of 553 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@stt636981 Here: https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1313538786077237248

But there's also several posts from CM in this thread.

Also not going to argue on opinions. If that's your opinion, you're free to have it. Just not liking that you state it as a fact in this thread which is why I posted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 509 of 553 (618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. 
I don't have any mod. 

Message 510 of 553 (544 Views)