Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't finish Gigs for Freelancer Career

by Alafer89i

Original Post

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

★★★ Newbie

Got the same problem. 

i have tryed repair my sims (no luck)
i dont have any mods or cc

as you may see on the picture, all task complete. but not get any money. or any options to go on.
20200916105732_1.jpg

Message 231 of 553 (1,606 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have experienced the same problem with both freelance writer and freelance crafter careers (Tina Tinker and Yasemin Tinker).

All tasks were completed, requested items (book/candles) were sent to client, and "Approved" notifications showed up. However, gig stayed in career tab even after deadline has passed without any payment. I checked and my money level did not change.

Neither sim are pregnant (since I think HCSau said her sim started having issues after pregnancy?).

This occurred during both sims first gig that I have played.

Screenshots attached.

Message 232 of 553 (1,605 Views)

Freelancer Career Broken. Gigs don't finish even when all tasks are done.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons and City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, that's the issue. In the Freelancer Job, the gigs don't finish even when all tasks are done.
What do you expect to see? I expect the gig to be finished when all tasks are done and my sims to then be able to advance in the Freelancer career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I get my sims to join the Freelancer trade, they complete a gig, but nothing happens. All boxes are ticked and they don't get paid and if the time runs out for the gig to be complete it's like they didn't finish it on time. It happens for all trades, for any sims, and I even uninstalled the whole game and all packs and reinstalled them and it still happens.

Message 233 of 553 (1,525 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

In case anyone is looking for the mod to fix this, I think this one should work!

[CM Edit- link removed, please don't link 3rd party software]

Haven't tried it myself yet.

Message 234 of 553 (1,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too have been having an issue with the freelancer artist jobs not completed and payment received. I have played this type of freelancer career before and have had no issues with this, or other freelancer careers until today. Definitely bugged. I tried one job, waited and waited for it to pay me. Tried dropping the job and picked up another gig, and same thing after completing the requirements. 

Message 235 of 553 (1,502 Views)

★★ Novice

Just got quite a few packs recently, removed all mods and started a new play through. Decided to try the photography freelance but my first one was all complete but nothing happened. Before reading this I thought it might have been mod files leftover so I uninstalled the game, delete all Sims 4 folders and am reinstalling now. Judging from previous comments it's just a bug so kind of a waste of time to reinstall :/

Message 236 of 553 (1,476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've got it too.  Played on two different families one was a programmer and the other an artist.  All requirements complete, no payout and no recognition of completion.  I have to delete the job in order to end it.  Two families in Strangerville.  Have all packs including Journey to Batuu.  Not sure it matters, but I have the freezing bug since Batuu and the scanner glitch since then too.  Already logged them elsewhere.  Thank you for your help.

Message 237 of 553 (1,467 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this exact same issue. I've tried two different freelancer types, artist and writer, but the gigs are not paying out. 

Message 238 of 553 (1,432 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am having same problem on sony PS.

Message 239 of 553 (1,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Marking post as Solution for visibility purposes

Hi Simmers, 

Thanks for letting us know about this with these reports.Heart The team is aware of this issue and they are looking into it. 

We'll aim to post in this thread with any updates so please watch this space. 

All the best,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 240 of 553 (20,521 Views)