Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

by curlingg

Original Post

Freelancer: All tasks completed, Gig will complete

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Games Packs & Stuff Packs: Journey to Batuu Game Pack, Nifty Knitting, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Tiny Living, My First Pet Stuff, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day Stuff, Parenthood, Fitness Stuff, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a Sim who is a Freelancer, take a gig via cellphone or computer. 2. Speak with Client via computer 3. Create Object. 4. Send for clients approval 5. Wait for "send your finished work to client" to complete. 6. Then it sits there forever more. Standard smile
What happens when the bug occurs? It completes after I send the item to the Client, but I don't get paid, the job doesn't go away and cannot move forward to the next one. Just sits there as completed
What do you expect to see? After I send the finished work my expectation would be to get Paid. Then have the Gig disappear so I can choose a new one. With the Gig Stuck I cannot go on vacation as it claims I am in the middle of a job. The only work around is to cancel the Gig. Once the gig is cancelled you loose the money you were owed and performance for taking a Gig and then cancelling it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I Installed the new update from 9/3/2020 PC: 1.66.139.1020 / Mac: 1.66.139.1220 Console: Version 1.31

I do have Mods but removed every single mod and tried again and it is still the same outcome - The Gig will complete but I will not get paid 

I have ensure that all jobs have been done on time, that all items have been submitted as seen in the screen shot 

I have dumped jobs and tried other ones,. This happens for both Candles and fabricated items

Screen shot attached of complete but stuck Gig 

Message 221 of 553 (914 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@HCSau Did you get this fixed? I am having the same issue.
Message 222 of 553 (880 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue! Didn't have this problem before, I had a sim doing freelance art and it worked fine, but now I have a freelance writer and it won't let me have her do work. I can chat with the client, I can write the book, I can approve the book. The tasks come up as done in the work tab. I get a notification saying "Approved! This is exactly what we're looking for. Keep up the great work Vee." But I never get payed for it and not even the deadline ends the gig. And then I cancel the gig and it brings down her work performance! Very frustrating.

Message 223 of 553 (862 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue! I have all packs, except Bantuu and gigs won't complete! They used to work just fine, but it's been a few months since I've played. Getting frustrated. 

Message 224 of 553 (844 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA Is aware of the issue and are working on it. I'd just use the mod that fixes it as a temporary fix until it's officially fixed.

Message 225 of 553 (793 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I would just let the Sims work for themselves until Freelancing gets fixed. My writers normally earn 5,000 to 10,000 per day in royalties by the time they reach skill level 10. My artists are selling their paintings for several hundred to several thousand by level 10. I'm not sure how much Sims make as Freelancers but I suspect it's usually less money for more effort.

Message 226 of 553 (758 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I play on console and I have the same problem, no payout but finished tasks! 

Message 227 of 553 (718 Views)

Champion

I see this issue has existed for a while, however it's only occured for me over the past few days. Specifically since I downloaded "the Sims 4 get together pack". I'm not sure if this feedback holds any real relevance to the issue but it is certainly a real coincidence if not.

Figured I'd just drop this info here in case it's of any help.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 228 of 553 (699 Views)

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem it's my first time playing freelance photography career and I get a gig follow all the steps and nothing happens. The due date passes and I don't get paid. It just stays put like I'm trying to complete the task.

Message 229 of 553 (637 Views)

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

★ Novice

I have same issue occurred after finishing writer work as freelancer.

Message notice about finished in the pop up screen, but no payment and actual work did not completed.

Only cancel the work is possible even though my sim completed work.

Message 230 of 553 (595 Views)