by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too, ever since the update :/

Message 61 of 553 (13,113 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My sim is a Freelance Artist. Since the update on September 3rd, every time I've had her accept a gig she completes all her tasks but as soon as she completes her last task I get a last exception and nothing else happens. She doesn't get paid, even after the due date goes by. The only way to make the gig disappear is by cancelling it and she then loses work performance. So my sim's career is now unplayable. Frown

Message 62 of 553 (13,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having the same issue. I have tried to do different freelance careers but none of them pay out. I get the ticks to say all the tasks have been completed but there's no pay out and the gig is actually not completed. So either I have to cancel it or I have to let the due date pass telling me I failed (when all the tasks did turn gold). Super annoying

Message 63 of 553 (13,091 Views)

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. I have two different games with freelancers in fields for Programming, Writing and Digital Artists. NONE of them can complete the gigs. I have only been off of the game for like a week and I come back and this is going on. I sincerely hope this gets fixed soon. Freelancer is my favorite career because I like my sims being able to do things on their own time. 

Message 64 of 553 (13,084 Views)

Freelance Crafter - Sim not getting payed after doing client tasks

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all of the packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim join the freelance crafter career and take on a task and perform it.
What happens when the bug occurs? After checking off the last task, nothing will happen. My sim doesn't get paid and the task remains there. I even waited for the deadline and nothing happened when it came about. The only way to get rid of it is to trash the client's job, which not only wastes my sim's time, but lowers my sim's performance.
What do you expect to see? The task to be completed, go away and have my sim get paid.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim is in the freelance crafter career and can't complete the jobs. He does all the tasks, but the task doesn't go away, even when the deadline hits, and my sim doesn't get paid. I've attached an image showing all the tasks being completed. I tried to upload a video, but the post wasn't going through, I'm assuming because the video was too big but it was only around 10 seconds.

Message 65 of 553 (12,957 Views)

★ Novice

Hi there, having the same issue period I have a Sim working as a freelance programmer. Gigs were going fine but recently the game has not been allowing me to complete them. For example, my sim will be working to make a video game for a company and will complete the video game. They will get around $1,000 for a $6,000 gig and the job will not disappear from their docket. In addition it will be well past the due date and the job will still be there. All the jobs will be complete as well. I will attach a picture so you can see.

Message 66 of 553 (13,068 Views)

Re: Freelance Crafter - Sim not getting payed after doing client tasks

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

My freelance artist just had this problem.  I came here to see if she'd get her $3K after the job deadline passed, alas.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? When your freelancer completes a gig.
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Realm of Magic, Island Living, Romantic Garden Stuff, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  Complete the gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? The art is accepted, but the job doesn't "complete" and the freelancer doesn't get paid!

What do you expect to see? The freelancer to receive her contracted money!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I think this happened after the latest patch.  (The one with the stackable windows, for Journey to Batuu.)

I can confirm that she never received her payout, got a warning that the deadline was approaching, and had to cancel the gig to make it go away.

It's probably for the best, in that a level 10 painter can make more just selling paintings, but it was frustrating to do the work and not get paid!

Message 67 of 553 (12,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thankfully there's a mod that fixes this by Louisim if it hasn't already been mentioned.

Mod that fixes the Freelancer Career by Louisim (you can google it or find it in #mod_news on Deaderpool's discord or their account is @Louisim-yt since they won't let me link to the mod directly)

Apologies if this has already been mentioned (but it's worth mentioning again in a thread this long, I think)

@crinrict  I don't know if this will help any further up the chain, to see the mod fix.

Message 68 of 553 (13,048 Views)

★ Guide

I am having same issue with the Freelance Crafter career. All task marked completed. Money received from client however Gig still  present and unable to complete. Only way to clear it is to delete/cancel job and it decreases your job performance. THIS MAKES THE CAREER ASPIRATION UNPLAYABLE. This started after the September 2020 update. I am on Windows 10 PC. Have all Sims 4 Expansion, Game and Stuff Packs. No Mods or CC as I have never used them. Fix has already been run on game with no change.

How soon is this going to be fixed? At present their are numerous bugs that makes it either unplayable or makes players not want to play that EA has not patched since before ECO Living. While I like new stuff I prefer you to fix stuff you are breaking as adding new content compounds the issue making it all worse.

Attached screenshot that shows all task completed but job still present.

Message 69 of 553 (13,046 Views)

★ Guide

This appears to be affecting all the freelance careers, not just the crafters. As all my other freelancers have same issues, programmer, artist, photographer, etc.....

Message 70 of 553 (13,044 Views)